alt.sport.soccer.european.uk.league.division1-2-3

Cha...@alt.sport.soccer.european.uk.league.division1-2-3

Jul 23, 2007, 8:30:15 PM7/23/07

The man in Kentucky decided to fight the
> charges and he showed how there were many legitimate uses for cloned
> phones. In front of a jury in Kentucky, he won the case. Unfortunately,
> Cummings' lawyer knew nothing about this and Cummings was forced to plead
> guilty last year in the mistaken belief that he would never be able to
> convince a jury that he hadn't committed a serious crime. Had he been
> found innocent, there never would have been a probation violation and
> Ed would be free today.

How absolutely disgusting of the Secret Service to persecute Ed Cummings.

The Secret Service are the same bunch of Cro-Magnums that put on rubber
gloves to search gay members of Congress visiting the President.

They didn't want to catch any gay cooties.

The President ordered all Secret Service members to take "sensitivity" classes.

There are two more things to know about this case of persecution.

One:

8/30/96
Ed Cummings was savagely beaten by another inmate.
His jaw is shattered, and his arm is also completely shattered.
He had surgery on both his arm and his jaw.
His jaw was so shattered, they had to "slit my throat in two places"
to put the metal in to hold it back together as it mends.
His mouth will be wired shut for 2-3 months.
There is also a chance of nerve damage which
might leave him with permanent droops in his face.

And two:

Cummings was imprisoned under a little known attachment to the
Digital Telephony bill allowing individuals to be charged in
this fashion. Cummings was portrayed by the Secret Service as
a potential terrorist because of some of the books found in
his library.

Ed Cummings was not a terrorist, yet was
portrayed as such by the Secret Service.

CALEA gave them the power.

****************************

Cha...@alt.sport.soccer.european.uk.league.division1-2-3

Jan 23, 2008, 5:50:01 PM1/23/08
and had good hope that something could be
done with it in London. "This is my birth-day," one of us said to the
other, as we spun along in our jinrikshas toward the Refuge. "I think
we ought to have some unusual good fortune in gathering information
today. At least we can get some of these little children taken out of
their terrible peril in the brothels. The Matron of the Refuge says
she _knows_ the officials are ignorant of their presence there. They
have so often talked of their extreme care at that point. Will it not
be good to see something actually done and at once about that matter?
She was to interview the Inspector yesterday, and will report to us
today." And so we chatted on, We had been horrified to encounter in a
single night's work some thirty little girls playing about the rooms
of brothels. That at least would never be allowed. We were so glad the
law was so very strict, and we had been assured strictly enforced at
that point. It read: "Any person who receives a girl under the age of
sixteen into a brothel, or harbors any such girl in a brothel, shall
(until the contrary be proved) be deemed to have obtained possession
of such girl with the intent or knowledge in clause one of sub-section
one mentioned." This clause reads: "with the intent that such girl
shall be used for the purpose of prostitution," and the penalty,
"liability to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to a
fine not exceeding $500, or to both." If that law failed because of
what would pass as proof to the contrary, at any rate there was the
further provision that the children could be removed to places of
safety, at least to the Refuge. "A girl found living in or frequenting
a brot

Cha...@alt.sport.soccer.european.uk.league.division1-2-3

Jan 23, 2008, 7:44:07 PM1/23/08
in continuation, March, 1889. H.C. 59.

Same as above, in continuation, June, 1890. H.C. 242.

"_Copy of Correspondence which has taken place since that comprised
in the Paper presented to the House of Commons in 1890_ (H.C. 242),"
etc., June 4, 1894. H. C. 147.

"_Copy of Correspondence Relative to Proposed Introduction of
Contagious Diseases Regulations in Perak or Other Protected Malay
States_." June 4, 1894. H.C. 146.

May 1907

CONTENTS

Frontispiece

Dedication

Preface

CHAPTER

1 THE EARLY DAYS OF HONG KONG
2 TREACHEROUS LEGISLATION
3 HOW THE PROTECTOR PROTECTED
4 MORE POWER DEMANDED AND OBTAINED
5 HOUNDED TO DEATH
6 THE PROTECTOR'S COURT AND SLAVERY
7 OTHER DERELICT OFFICIALS
8 JUSTICE FROM THE SUPREME BENCH
9 THE CHINESE PETITION AND PROTEST
10 NOT FALLEN--BUT ENSLAVED
11 THE MAN FOR THE OCCASION
12 THE CHIEF JUSTICE ANSWERS HIS OPPONENTS
13 THE EXTENSION OF SLAVERY
14 NEW PROTECTIVE ORDINANCES
15 "PROTECTION" AT SINGAPORE
16 SLAVERY IN THE UNITED STATES
17 STRUGGLES FOR FREEDOM
18 PERILS AND REMEDIES

CHAPTER 1.

THE EARLY DAYS OF HONG KONG.

Time was when so-called Christian civilization seemed able to send its
vices abroad and keep its virtues at home. When men we