Help in reading residence place on marriage record

Steve Hayes

Nov 8, 2018, 12:34:18 AM11/8/18
Can anyone help with making out the place of residence of Matthew
Growden, who married Christiana Pope, in this marriage record?

<https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-65R4-F1?i=95&cc=1769414>

--
Steve Hayes
Web: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/

john

Nov 8, 2018, 5:05:22 AM11/8/18
On 08/11/2018 06:36, Steve Hayes wrote:
> Can anyone help with making out the place of residence of Matthew
> Growden, who married Christiana Pope, in this marriage record?
>
> <https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-65R4-F1?i=95&cc=1769414>

Comparing with other capital letters in the document, the first letter
looks like a D. The last letters look like eer

A quick look at Google Maps of the area around Bodmin shows a place
called Dunmere so I would assume it is an old spelling and reads Dunmeer

Jenny M Benson

Nov 8, 2018, 5:23:45 AM11/8/18
On 08-Nov-18 05:36 AM, Steve Hayes wrote:
> Can anyone help with making out the place of residence of Matthew
> Growden, who married Christiana Pope, in this marriage record?
>
> <https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-65R4-F1?i=95&cc=1769414>

Dunmeer/Dunmere. It's near Bodmin and he's living there in 1841.
--
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/

Steve Hayes

Nov 8, 2018, 11:48:29 AM11/8/18
On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 10:23:46 +0000, Jenny M Benson
<nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 08-Nov-18 05:36 AM, Steve Hayes wrote:
>> Can anyone help with making out the place of residence of Matthew
>> Growden, who married Christiana Pope, in this marriage record?
>>
>> <https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-65R4-F1?i=95&cc=1769414>
>>

>Dunmeer/Dunmere. It's near Bodmin and he's living there in 1841.

Thanks very much everyone.

Steve Hayes

Nov 8, 2018, 1:19:28 PM11/8/18
<nemo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 08-Nov-18 05:36 AM, Steve Hayes wrote:
>> Can anyone help with making out the place of residence of Matthew
>> Growden, who married Christiana Pope, in this marriage record?
>>
>> <https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-65R4-F1?i=95&cc=1769414>
>>

>Dunmeer/Dunmere. It's near Bodmin and he's living there in 1841.

I have him as living at Scarlett's Well in 1841, and have actually
been there and taken photos of it. Dunmere seems a bit further west,
now that I've found it on a map.

Matthew Growden and Christiana Pope (born Dyer) were my great great
grandparents, and if anyopne is interested they can read more here:

<https://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/william-matthew-growdon-1851-1913/>

with photos of Scarlett's Well.