Cusselle Family Line

David Cusselle

Jul 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/23/00
CUSSELLE FAMILY NAME

I am trying to connect a list of Cusselle's approx. 50 so names which I have
obtained from the Public Records Office in London.

I appear to be getting two large branches of the name which at present I can
not connect, so I would welcome any information on the Cusselle name which
will help me link the two large groups together.

Through Internet searches of the name, I have come across a Bill Cusselle
who was the president of the Florida Rugby Union (1977-78) I would like to
know more about him if possible.

General background of the family:-
From the records, the family name are of true South London origin, with
births mostly in the Southwark, Camberwell, Lambeth, St Saviours and St
Olaves areas of London.

Any Information would be gratefully received.

Dave Cusselle

stephenf...@hotmail.com

Jul 13, 2012, 10:47:53 AM7/13/12
On Sunday, July 23, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, David Cusselle wrote:
> CUSSELLE FAMILY NAME
>
> I am trying to connect a list of Cusselle's approx. 50 so names which I have
Hello Dave,

My name is Stephen Fremantle. My mother was Edna Maud Cusselle, (born 1913, died 2006) daughter of Albert John Tweed Cusselle, born, I think in 1887 and
died in 1957. I believe that the family lived in Rotherhithe before moving out to Dartford, probably in the 1920s. Mama had a sister, May, who emigrated to Vancouver where I have cousins.
I know very little about the Cusselle family so would be interested to hear what you discover, presuming that we are in some way related!

Good luck.

stephenf...@hotmail.com

Jul 13, 2012, 11:10:11 AM7/13/12
On Sunday, July 23, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, David Cusselle wrote:
> CUSSELLE FAMILY NAME
>
> I am trying to connect a list of Cusselle's approx. 50 so names which I have
> obtained from the Public Records Office in London.
>
> I appear to be getting two large branches of the name which at present I can
> not connect, so I would welcome any information on the Cusselle name which
> will help me link the two large groups together.
>
> Through Internet searches of the name, I have come across a Bill Cusselle
> who was the president of the Florida Rugby Union (1977-78) I would like to
> know more about him if possible.
>
> General background of the family:-
> From the records, the family name are of true South London origin, with
> births mostly in the Southwark, Camberwell, Lambeth, St Saviours and St
> Olaves areas of London.
>
> Any Information would be gratefully received.
>
> Dave Cusselle

Dave, I didn't notice how long ago you posted this.... If you get my message, you might prefer to contact me at - stephenf...@hotmail.com

lowan...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 1:30:42 AM8/21/17
On Sunday, 23 July 2000 17:00:00 UTC+10, David Cusselle wrote:
> CUSSELLE FAMILY NAME
>
> I am trying to connect a list of Cusselle's approx. 50 so names which I have
> obtained from the Public Records Office in London.
>
> I appear to be getting two large branches of the name which at present I can
> not connect, so I would welcome any information on the Cusselle name which
> will help me link the two large groups together.
>
> Through Internet searches of the name, I have come across a Bill Cusselle
> who was the president of the Florida Rugby Union (1977-78) I would like to
> know more about him if possible.
>
> General background of the family:-
> From the records, the family name are of true South London origin, with
> births mostly in the Southwark, Camberwell, Lambeth, St Saviours and St
> Olaves areas of London.
>
> Any Information would be gratefully received.
>
> Dave Cusselle

Hi Dave,

I come from a Cusselle line that emigrated to Australia many moons ago. At one stage, the line was flourishing, but then it went dead. They didn't survive in Australia for some reason. Here are some screen shots of my ancestry site starting from John Cusselle in 1809...

https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/87845298/person/46564333532/facts

https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/87845298/person/46563696946/facts

https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/87845298/person/46563696949/facts

https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/87845298/person/46563697797/facts
Lillieth Cusselle Summerfield Parr is my Great Grandmother, she died of a brain hemorrhage at 50, and her son Douglas Parr (my Grandfather) died of a heart attack as at 50 as no doctor would come to the house. My Dad drove him to the Hospital, they made him park the car and by the time he got back he was dead. That was the day after my Mother was having an operation with me in the womb when she was 5 months pregnant with me. The doctors said, 'don't expect the baby to live'.

Studying genealogy, it makes me very sad when you see one side of the family go extinct, whether it is due to genocide, or hate or what. Maybe its anti-semitism because I'm sure there is jewish blood on the Cusselle line. Maybe the Cusselle name is linked to Courselle in France, who knows, they may have descended from the French nobility who survived the guillotines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Corcelle

From all those beautiful old fashioned names seem to have gone by the wayside by now, you know those names such as Olivette Violet, Lillieth, Jessamine Hyacinth, Laurel Pearl, Eileen Marguerite, Viola Stephanotes, Myrtle Edelweiss, Ronald Stuart Lisle.

Good luck finding the Cusselles
and if I can be of any help feel free to email me on parrshe...@gmail.com