authenticate user from iPhone app using REST APP

Zia

Jan 1, 2011, 2:21:04 PM1/1/11
to EngineY
Hi,

I'm creating an iPhone app that needs to talk to the EngineY backend.
I created a used from the web front and also enabled the api_key. Now
how do I authenticate the user from the iPhone app? Do I need to
create session and then store cookie for subsequent requests? I tried
passing the api_key in the request but it doesn't go past api_filter.
I also looked in the test/integration/api but I can't figure out how
to login a particular user.

Thanks,

Zia

Timothy Fisher

Jan 4, 2011, 2:21:12 PM1/4/11
to eng...@googlegroups.com
Zia,

Have you been able to get this figured out yet?  If not, let me know and I will describe the solution for you.

Tim

Zia Syed

Jan 4, 2011, 5:50:18 PM1/4/11
to eng...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

I haven't quiet figured it out yet. I managed to create session from
the iPhone and then I was going to add device_id as api_key for the
user, which I will user subsequently to authenticate the user. I would
really appreciate if you could describe the proper solution.

Thanks,

Zia

Timothy Fisher

Jan 6, 2011, 3:00:33 PM1/6/11
to eng...@googlegroups.com
When  you are using the REST API of EngineY, each request is authenticated with an API Key.  Within your iPhone App you should store the API Key and submit that along with each API call.  Currently the API does not support the concept of a "session" that would allow you to authenticate once and then issue a series of API calls.

Tim