no such file to load -- disguise/tasks

Ian

May 17, 2011, 11:01:48 AM5/17/11
to EngineY
Hello,
I've installed the disguise gem from the master branch, and EngineY
from the rails 3 branch but during setup rake aborts with

"no such file to load -- disguise/tasks"

The Rakefile requires 'disguise/tasks' but I can't find that in the
project.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for the help,
All the best.

Gerő Zoltán

May 17, 2011, 7:44:39 PM5/17/11
to eng...@googlegroups.com
I don't really know but I remember a post some weeks ago and it was about a gem called disguise? Not sure, I checked in Github and found

This error usually occurs when the app wanna require a gem which isnt bundled so go for it.
good luck!

Ian

May 17, 2011, 9:03:07 PM5/17/11
to EngineY
disguise is in the Gemfile and installs with bundle install. I've only
installed EngineY and it's requiring disguise:

require(File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), 'config', 'boot'))

require 'rake'
require 'rake/testtask'
require 'rake/rdoctask'

# DEBUG: require 'tasks/rails'

require 'rails'
require 'disguise/tasks'

test_dir = File.expand_path('test')

Rake::TestTask.new('api_tests') do |t|
t.libs = [test_dir]
t.pattern = 'test/api/*.rb'
t.warning = false
end

I'd like to use EngineY but this is stopping me right now.
Thanks again.

On May 17, 7:44 pm, Gerő Zoltán <gez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really know but I remember a post some weeks ago and it was about a
> gem called disguise? Not sure, I checked in Github and foundhttps://github.com/jbasdf/disguise
>
> <https://github.com/jbasdf/disguise>This error usually occurs when the app
> wanna require a gem which isnt bundled so go for it.
> good luck!

Timothy Fisher

May 19, 2011, 1:41:05 PM5/19/11
to eng...@googlegroups.com
Hey, the Rails 3 branch is not yet complete, so you indeed may encounter problems with it.  I am the creator of EngineY so I will do my best to work you through whatever problems you encounter.  Still having problems with Disguise?   This is the gem that provides the base of the theme support.  I am currently at RailsConf but will be doing more dev on the Rails 3 branch over the coming few days.

Thanks for checking out the project...

Tim

passante

Jul 4, 2011, 9:50:09 AM7/4/11
to EngineY
Same for me on UBUNTU 8.04
Installing desguise manually doesn't solve the problem.
Is there any demo site on enginey?

passante

John Doe

Jul 29, 2011, 2:11:23 PM7/29/11
to EngineY
I'm having the same issue including the problem the original poster
obviously had with require 'tasks/rails'.
When I run rake --tasks I only get the one task listed - when i
comment out the two problems lines that is.

There are no db: tasks. I cannot find anything on such an issue
anywhere. Any help guys?