rake aborted! no such file to load -- disguise/tasks

Amrit pal pathak

Jul 5, 2011, 12:58:31 AM7/5/11
to EngineY
I got this error when i issued "rake db:create:all".I have install
disguise gem by "sudo gem install disguise" and have mention it in
environment file .Still i got this error.

Please somebody help!!

Thanks in advance.

amritpalpathakgne.wordpress.com

Eric Smith

Mar 12, 2012, 3:29:15 AM3/12/12
to eng...@googlegroups.com
My guess is that you are using rvm for your installation.  When you do that, you need to do 2 things.

1) Follow the instructions here to execute rake within the proper rvm environment.
2) Make sure that (if you are using bundler) all of the gems are loaded to your gemset.  (EngineY has gems called out in multiple locations).

Once I fixed these 2 problems I was able to execute rake tasks successfully.

Eric

Eric Smith

Mar 12, 2012, 3:31:13 AM3/12/12
to eng...@googlegroups.com

If you are using RVM,

Execute rake by calling:

rvm {ruby-version} do rake {task}

So if you are using ree and trying to migrate your database, the command would be :

rvm ree do rake db:migrate

Eric