EngineY and Rails 3

Timothy Fisher

Mar 15, 2011, 8:07:35 PM3/15/11
to EngineY
Those who follow the EngineY repo on Github may have noticed that I
have recently begun development of a Rails 3 branch of EngineY. This
branch will bring EngineY up to compatibility with Rails 3. Those who
are running with Rails 2.x should continue to use the master branch.

Kevin Baker

Mar 16, 2011, 4:52:56 PM3/16/11
to eng...@googlegroups.com, Timothy Fisher
Hey Timothy,

Out of curiosity do you have any thoughts about auth for Rails3/EngineY. I noticed a lot of projects are transitioning to Devise. I'm using it for most my Rails3 projects.

Just curious what your thoughts were.

Timothy Fisher

Mar 16, 2011, 10:15:27 PM3/16/11
to Kevin Baker, eng...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to be using Devise and Omniauth.  A great combination that I have already implemented on other projects.

Tim

Kevin Baker

Mar 16, 2011, 10:18:32 PM3/16/11
to Timothy Fisher, eng...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!!

We used enginey very successfully for our gaming engine platform.

We will be picking this project back up over the next 6 months and hope to upgrade to Rails 3 across the board. Do you have any thoughts on ETA for a stable Rails 3 implementation? We should be able to help out a few months from now.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Timothy Fisher

Mar 16, 2011, 10:23:33 PM3/16/11
to Kevin Baker, eng...@googlegroups.com
Don't really have an ETA for Rails 3 yet, but I should be able to have a good estimate in a few days.  Is there anywhere online where I can read about your gaming platform?

Tim

Kevin Baker

Mar 16, 2011, 10:36:59 PM3/16/11
to Timothy Fisher, eng...@googlegroups.com
Not too much detail out there right now.

Our first release of the platform ran as predictive trivia game for World Cup soccer with I think 2-4k users on Amazon. EngineY powered the social media side of things as far as user/friends and Facebook integration all via the API.

The company is On The Record Sports, OTRS. We are doing another push pretty soon here and have some good energy around the platform.

-- Kevin