2020 Update

Dan Baker

Feb 4, 2020, 12:27:45 PM2/4/20
to Engineering Statics (OER) Group, Randy Mondragon
Hi Team,
Hope everyone is off to a great 2020.

First, I wanted to introduce my student hourly Randy Mondragon  rmdr...@colostate.edu who I have hired this spring to help us out. Randy is a 2nd degree candidate in Chemical and Biological Engineering. He'll largely be working on GeoGebra interactives and will serve as a student voice to keep us in check (he just took Statics last semester).

Second, as everyone has been working on their respective chapters I haven't wanted to pull time for group emails and meetings. I wanted to provide an update on where we are and offer some opportunities for editing of chapters. The full list of chapters is available on our Google Drive (GD) folder
Please let me know if you would like to review any chapters and/or jump in as co-author. I'd like to have all the chapters as complete drafts and internally reviewed before I reach out to external reviewers in the next month or so.

Best, Dan

Daniel W Baker PhD PE, Teaching Assistant Professor
  Office:  ENGR B206                      Phone: 970-491-0261
  Email:  dan....@colostate.edu
Twitter: @drdanteaches
  YouTube: DrDanTeaches

Dan Baker

Feb 12, 2020, 10:37:13 AM2/12/20
to Engineering Statics (OER) Group
I wanted to follow up as I have not heard back from you regarding my email from last week. Can you help out our project to review a chapter and/or jump in as co-author on an unfinished chapter?
Thanks!
Dan
_______________________

Andrew C. Guyader

Feb 12, 2020, 11:20:27 AM2/12/20
to engineering-st...@googlegroups.com
Dan - many apologies.  I have been juggling a couple of professional issues the past week.  The answer to the question is yes.  Let me get thru today and a few deadlines will pass for me.  I will email you tomorrow to deal with the details of this.  Thank you Dan.

-Andy

Andrew C. Guyader

Feb 13, 2020, 11:47:09 AM2/13/20
to engineering-st...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I have 3-D content to add to my existing contribution of the chapter 5 (equilibrium of rigid bodies).  I intend to have this added by the end of this upcoming weekend.

Also, I would like to review/contribute to Chpts. 6 (equilibrium of structures) and/or 8 (internal forces).

-Andy

Andrew C. Guyader, PhD

James Lord

Feb 14, 2020, 12:21:43 PM2/14/20
to engineering-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Apologies for my slow reply. I have some more content for chapter 4, but I'm definitely open to a 2nd author adding some content if anyone's interested. I'm also happy to review any chapters as needed.

Best,
James
---
Dr. James Lord
ESM Undergraduate Program Chair
Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics
225-C Norris Hall

Eric Davishahl

Feb 14, 2020, 12:52:21 PM2/14/20
to engineering-st...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan,

Glad to hear about the progress! I am happy to review/edit a chapter or two (anything besides virtual work, which I don’t teach). Let me know where you need me. I definitely can find some time for this in the next week or two.

Best,

Eric

Eric Davishahl

Assistant Professor of Engineering