18th enetCollect STSM call - suggested collection date 01.03.2021

Chair enetCollect

Feb 1, 2021, 10:08:20 AM2/1/21
to enetcol...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

The enetCollect COST Action (European Network for Combining Language Learning with Crowdsourcing Techniques) is issuing its 18th call for Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) proposals, with regular collection date on 1st of March 2021 (https://enetcollect.net/ilias/goto.php?target=file_1100_download). More information about enetCollect can be found on its official website: http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/

Since travels planning has proven to be difficult due to potential last-minute COVID-19 restrictions, from this date and until further notice, STSM proposals can be submitted at any time, irrespective of collections date. See “Application” below for more information.

STSMs are funded exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country. They are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants' institutions or laboratories. STSMs are intended especially for young researchers. The STSM grants contribute to expenses for accommodation, traveling and subsistence according to a regulated COST scheme.

In a time of significant restrictions in large face-to-face meetings, STSM visits are a great opportunity for researchers to work together in person while keeping risks to a minimum (given a careful and responsible planning; see below). Moreover, STSMs have proven to be highly effective networking tools. Therefore, we would like to particularly encourage STSM stays.

If you would like to hear from former STSM grantees about their experiences with their STSMs, enetCollect has launched a recurrent webinar taking place a few days after every new STSM call. You will have the opportunity to ask former grantees questions and have your curiosities satisfied. For the next edition of our webinar, our invited STSM grantee will be Marianne Grace Araneta (see flyer at https://enetcollect.net/ilias/goto.php?target=file_1101_download). The webinar will be held on the 9th January at 3 pm CET and is expected to last 30-40 minutes. If you are interested in joining us, just send an empty mail  to stsm.ene...@eurac.edu with  "Request to participate in the next STSM webinar" as subject and we will send you information on how to join.

We hope that also in this new Grant Period, many enetCollect members will be able to make use of this excellent instrument.

[Topics of STSMs]

STSM applications are filed via the e-COST platform and can relate to any subject related to the overall objectives of enetCollect and its five working groups.

No “Targeted STSM proposals” are offered for this call. Targeted STSM proposals are proposals defined by STSM hosts who wish to collaborate on a subject and are looking for an STSM applicant. Partners interested in offering one for the next collection round should follow the instructions provided on the dedicated page of the website. http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/cost-tools-events/stsms/stsm-hosting/

[Application]

The procedure to submit an STSM application is described on the dedicated page of the website. http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/cost-tools-events/stsms/stsm-procedure/

Given the special situation with the pandemic that makes any planning difficult, we currently do not limit applications to the official collection dates but allow them at any time. If your application will require a decision before the next collection date, we will get in touch with you and accommodate for an anticipated approval of your application, otherwise it will be voted as usual at the next upcoming collection date.

[COVID-19]

Given the current situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel conditions and border crossing regulations must be carefully assessed by STSM candidates. For more information, access https://www.cost.eu/who-we-are/about-cost/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-actions/

Suggested collection date for applications: 01/03/2021

Communication of results: 15/03/2021

Feel free to distribute this call to any relevant stakeholders.

Looking forward to receiving new STSM proposals.

Best regards,

The enetCollect STSM team