15th enetCollect STSM call - Collection date 01.09.2020

Tanara Kuhn

Aug 1, 2020, 5:20:44 AM8/1/20
to enetcol...@googlegroups.com, Chair enetCollect

Dear all,

We are happy to announce that STSM activities have been resumed.

The enetCollect COST Action (European Network for Combining Language Learning with Crowdsourcing Techniques) is issuing its 15th call for Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) proposals, with deadline 1st of September 2020 http://www.enetcollect.net/ilias/goto.php?target=fold_1064&client_id=enetcollect . More information about enetCollect can be found on its official website: http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/

STSMs are funded exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country. They are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants' institutions or laboratories. STSMs are intended especially for young researchers. The STSM grants contribute to expenses for accommodation, traveling and subsistence according to a regulated COST scheme.

In a time of significant restrictions in large face-to-face meetings, STSM visits are a great opportunity for researchers to work together in person while keeping risks to a minimum (given a careful and responsible planning; see below). Moreover, STSMs have proven to be highly effective networking tools. Therefore, we would like to particularly encourage STSM stays. We hope that also in this new Grant Period, many enetCollect members will be able to make use of this excellent instrument.

[ Topics of STSMs ]

STSM applications are filed via the e-COST platform and can relate to any subject related to the overall objectives of enetCollect and its five working groups.

No “Targeted STSM proposals” are offered for this call. Targeted STSM proposals are proposals defined by STSM hosts who wish to collaborate on a subject and are looking for an STSM applicant. Partners interested in offering one for the next collection round should follow the instructions provided on the dedicated page of the website.
http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/cost-tools-events/stsms/stsm-hosting/

[ Application ]

The procedure to submit an STSM application is described on the dedicated page of the website.
http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/cost-tools-events/stsms/stsm-procedure/

We strongly encourage to submit STSM applications as early as possible before the collection date so as to foster the chances of obtaining feedback regarding the formal validity of the proposal.

[ COVID-19 ]

Given the current situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel conditions and border crossing regulations must be carefully assessed by STSM candidates. For more information, access https://www.cost.eu/who-we-are/about-cost/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-actions/

Deadline for applications: 01/09/2020

Communication of results: 16/09/2020

Feel free to distribute this call to any relevant stakeholders.

Looking forward to receiving new STSM proposals.

Best regards,

Tanara Zingano Kuhn

Tanara Zingano Kuhn, PhD

Cientista Convidada|Research Fellow (IILP, CPLP)

Membro da Direção Executiva|Executive Board (CELGA-ILTEC, UC)

Instituto Internacional da Língua Portuguesa (IILP), Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP)|International Institute for the Portuguese Language (IILP), Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries (CPLP)

Universidade de Coimbra|University of Coimbra

Centro de Estudos de Linguística Geral e Aplicada|Centre for the Studies of General and Applied Linguistics (CELGA-ILTEC)

Faculdade de Letras • Largo da Porta Férrea • 3004-530 COIMBRA • PORTUGAL

E-mail: tanara...@uc.pt |tanara...@outlook.com

logo_assinaturaemail