A rather large list of references to existing language learning platforms that offer language learning exercises

Lionel Nicolas

Feb 5, 2021, 5:14:03 AM2/5/21
to enetcol...@googlegroups.com, Marta.Giralt, Gokhan Ozkan, Claudia Borg, julia.ostanina-olszewska

Dear all,

during a task at last years's Crowdfest, Gokhan, Marta, Julia, Claudia, Sarah and I started a shared effort to map the existing language learning platforms that offer language learning exercises.

We are still processing and polishing the noisy data we obtained through a survey but the preliminary list we have is already quite nice.
So we thought we could already share it with you all.

You'll find it attached with this mail.
You can see below in this mail some statistics regarding the number of platforms we have so far identified per languages.

If you wanna know more about our shared effort, have a look at this blog entry.
https://enetcollect.eurac.edu/mapping-the-language-learning-platforms-worldwide-in-order-to-foster-the-crowdsourcing-of-language-related-datasets-and-the-automatic-generation-of-exercises/

Also, another relevant source of information on this subject that we already mentioned on other occasions (but you might have missed it) is the following freely available list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yqo5P3GvP3fFU_JZU9tbG_9bbeIiS1iPhSLWkiBb9g/

If anybody is interested in making a language-specific study of existing language learning platforms that offer language learning exercises, do let me know by answering to this mail.
I'll then put the people with matching interests in contact.

We hope you'll like the material !
We wish you all a good day.
Best regards,

Lionel, on behalf of the Task 4's team

P.S/ the deadline to submit abstracts for EUROCALL 2021 is on the 15th of February and accepted abstracts are usually invited to publish a short paper later in August.
That could be a good opportunity for a publication about a language-specific study.
-----------------------------

[ Statistics regarding the number of platforms identified per languages ]

English 135
German 85
Spanish 73
Portuguese 67
French 66
Italian 65
Russian 56
Japanese 55
Dutch 51
Swedish 50
Polish 49
Chinese 46
Korean 46
Turkish 44
Norwegian 42
Arabic 41
Finnish 41
Hebrew 39
Hindi 39
Greek 38
Danish 37
Czech 36
Indonesian 34
Croatian 33
Hungarian 33
Romanian 33
Vietnamese 33
Thai 32
Farsi 30
Serbian 30
Ukrainian 30
Bulgarian 28
Slovak 26
Catalan 24
Esperanto 22
Estonian 22
Icelandic 22
Lithuanian 21
Latvian 20
Swahili 20
Albanian 19
Bengali 18
Malay 18
Urdu 18
Afrikaans 17
Irish 17
Tagalog 16
Armenian 15
Georgian 15
Latin 15
Macedonian 15
Slovene 15
Tamil 14
Belarusian 13
Mongolian 13
Welsh 13
Amharic 11
Azerbaijani 11
Basque 11
Bosnian 11
Khmer 11
Pashto 11
Punjabi 11
Burmese 10
Filipino 10
Kazakh 10
Nepali 10
Cantonese 9
Galician 9
Kannada 9
Marathi 9
Somali 9
Uzbek 9
Hausa 8
Kurdish 8
Maltese 8
Telugu 8
Cebuano 7
Dari 7
Haitian 7
Javanese 7
Malagasy 7
Malayalam 7
Turkmen 7
Yiddish 7
Yoruba 7
Gujarati 6
Scottish Gaelic 6
Zulu 6
Kyrgyz 5
Lao 5
Luxembourgish 5
Maori 5
Sinhala 5
Tajik 5
Tigrinya 5
Assamese 4
Breton 4
Hawaiian 4
Hmong 4
Igbo 4
Oromo 4
Samoan 4
Sindhi 4
Tibetan 4
Flemish 3
Greenlandic 3
Kurmanji 3
Mandarin 3
Ojibwe 3
Quechua 3
Sanskrit 3
Shona 3
Sicilian 3
Tajiki 3
Uyghur 3
Wolof 3
Adyghe 2
Altai 2
Aymara 2
Balinese 2
Balochi 2
Baluchi 2
Bashkir 2
Buriat 2
Chechen 2
Cornish 2
Dakota 2
Denaakk'e 2
Dzongkha 2
Fijian 2
Guarani 2
Ilocano 2
Irish Gaelic 2
Kalmyk 2
Kinyarwanda 2
Klingon 2
Kongo 2
Manx 2
Mirandese 2
Navajo 2
Nogai 2
Oriya 2
Sorani 2
Sundanese 2
Tatar 2
Tausug 2
Tok Pisin 2
Tongan 2
Tuvan 2
Wu 2
Xhosa 2
Abkhaz 1
Af-Soomali 1
Afaan oromoo 1
Afrikaan 1
Aramaic 1
Asturian 1
Awadhi 1
Azeri 1
Bambara 1
Bangla 1
Berber 1
Bhojpuri 1
Bodo 1
Braj Bhasha 1
Bundeli 1
Chavacano 1
Cherokee 1
Chewa/Nyanja 1
Chhattisgarhi 1
Chibemba 1
Chichewa 1
Cree 1
Creton 1
Denesuline 1
Deutsch 1
Dogri 1
Dothraki 1
Faroese 1
Frisian 1
Gaelic 1
Garo 1
Gwich'in 1
Hakka 1
Han 1
Haryanvi 1
High Valyrian 1
Himachali 1
Hinglish 1
Hokkien 1
Holikachuk 1
Interlingue 1
K'iche' 1
Kabardian 1
Kabyle 1
Kachchi 1
Kaqchikel 1
Kashmiri 1
Khasi 1
Kirundi 1
Kituba 1
Koasati 1
Kodava 1
Konkani 1
Ladino 1
Lingala 1
Lojban 1
Luganda 1
Magahi 1
Maithili 1
Malaysian 1
Malvi 1
Maranao 1
Marwari 1
Meitei 1
Mewati 1
Mizo 1
Moldovian 1
Montenegrin 1
More Asian Languages 1
Myanmar 1
Nagamese 1
Nahuatl 1
Neapolitan 1
North-Korean 1
Northern Sotho 1
Norweigian 1
Occitan 1
Odia 1
Oji-Cree 1
Pidgin 1
Piedmontese 1
Pijin 1
Ploish 1
Portuguese BR 1
Rundi 1
Saami 1
Sami 1
Santali 1
Saraiki 1
Sardinian 1
Scots 1
Scots Gaelic 1
Scottish 1
Sinhalese 1
Soanish 1
Southern Sotho 1
Sunadese 1
Taiwanese Hokkien 1
Tamazight 1
Tanana 1
Tetum 1
Toki Pona 1
Tswana 1
Tulu 1
Tumbuka 1
Wenzhounese 1
Yakan 1

-----------------------------

Senior Researcher in Computer Science, Natural Language Processing
Institute for Applied Linguistics
Eurac Research
Viale Druso/Drususallee 1, 39100 Bolzano/Bozen - Italy
+39 0471 055 123
According to regulation (EU) 2016/679 this transmission is intended
only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential
information. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by email and delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.
-->
LL-platforms-per-languages.tsv