Unable to SIMULATE examples (schedule, actuator and variable)in Energyplus 9.4 and FMU in Simulink

Harsha Mathur

Aug 19, 2021, 11:13:55 AM8/19/21
to energyplus-fmu
Hi,

1. I tried taking out FMU's from examples given by EnergyplustoFMU (latest version).
I used the file "_fmu-export-actuator" and simulated it in E+ 9.4.0 without changing any thing inside the IDF. However, it gave me the following error :

   ** Severe  ** ExternalInterface: Did not find file "socket.cfg".
   **   ~~~   ** This file needs to be in same directory as in.idf.
   **   ~~~   ** Check the documentation for the ExternalInterface.
   **  Fatal  ** Error in ExternalInterface: Check EnergyPlus *.err file.

2. Also, i was able to convert all the example IDF's into FMU's however when produced with Simulink they are giving error "fmi2instantiate" and unable to run simulation.

Can someone please help me immediately?

Thierry Nouidui

Aug 20, 2021, 1:26:03 AM8/20/21
to Harsha Mathur, energyplus-fmu
1. EnergyPlusToFMU' IDFs can't be simulated using the EnergyPlus engine directly. They must be exported as FMUs.
2. Which error message are you getting exactly when trying to run such FMU?

Also,
Which version of FMI did  you select when exporting your FMU?

Prof. Thierry Nouidui
Nouidui Consulting Group
https://nouidui.com/index.php/consulting/
Message has been deleted

Harsha Mathur

Aug 24, 2021, 6:19:33 AM8/24/21
to energyplus-fmu
HI

Thanks for your reply and apologies for responding late.
Please find below the error message i am getting in Matlab Simulink 2021a.

Error in supplied FMU: An error occurred in function 'fmi2Instantiate' for block 'untitled/FMU' during simulation. To debug your FMU file, select the "Enable FMU Debug Logging" check box. For more information, see the FMU troubleshooting documentation.

Request your help.

Regards,
Harsha.

Harsha Mathur

Aug 24, 2021, 6:22:54 AM8/24/21
to energyplus-fmu
In continuation to the trailing mail, I am using FMI version 2 (the default one)

Thanks,
Harsha.

Thierry Nouidui

Aug 24, 2021, 6:55:23 AM8/24/21
to energyplus-fmu
Has a folder named  Output_EPExport_xxx  been created? If yes, please share its content (especially the error file .err).

Thanks!

Harsha Mathur

Aug 26, 2021, 12:50:44 AM8/26/21
to energyplus-fmu
Hi  Prof. Thierry,

Thanks for your reply.

I was checking the folder where FMU is created. There this folder is not there. Where exactly does this gets created ? Kindly let me know.

Regards,
Harsha.

Thierry Nouidui

Aug 26, 2021, 1:56:59 AM8/26/21
to Harsha Mathur, energyplus-fmu
I have no experience using Simulink as the master. It is hence hard to know what is going on on your side. Could you use another master algorithm (e.g. PyFMI) to drive the FMU and see if the problem persists?

Thanks!