java.net.socketException

Maxime LEBECH

Feb 20, 2022, 1:01:07 PM2/20/22
to energyplus-fmu
Hello,

I have troubles concerning crash of communcation between E+ and Simulink via E+ cosimulation toolbox. My set up is Matlab R2021b with E+ v8.9. I had random failure of communication via the sockets between the 2 software. It seems to have a writing error to socket with value = -1 (log files are in copy).

Is someone was faced to that trouble and solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Maxime
Modele_Salle_Blanche_Cosim.err
utilSocket.log
error_screenshot.png

Thierry Stephane Nouidui

Feb 21, 2022, 7:41:22 AM2/21/22
to energyplus-fmu
Are you actually using EnergyPlus as an FMU or you are using MLE+ to link Simulink and EnergyPlus?

Am Sonntag, 20. Februar 2022, 21:02:23 GMT+3 hat Maxime LEBECH <lsde.le...@gmail.com> Folgendes geschrieben:

Maxime LEBECH

Feb 27, 2022, 5:01:49 PM2/27/22
to energyplus-fmu
I use MLE+ to link Simulink to E+.

Thierry Nouidui

Feb 28, 2022, 12:12:53 AM2/28/22
to Maxime LEBECH, energyplus-fmu
This group handles issues related to EnergyPlus FMU. I suggest you send your question to the MLE+ developers to increase your chance to get an answer.

Maxime LEBECH

Mar 16, 2022, 9:22:38 AM3/16/22
to energyplus-fmu
Hello,

I switch to FMU world with my co-simulation E+/Matlab Simulink. Unfortunately, I stay faced to the same phenomenom a little bit more problematic than before (add on E+ simuling). In fact, with a random period, the cosimulation stop the communication from master with a value -1 in writing in the socket (utilSocket.log in attached file). The Energy+ dos windows close but the simulation continues in simulink with frozen value coming from E+.

If you can help me stabilizing this data exchange it will be very nice.

My set up is:
Windows 10
E+ 8.9
E+ toFMU V3.1.0
Matlab R2021b 64bit

Sincerely,

Maxime LEBECH
utilSocket.log
f_220225_ZAC_Araymond_Esqu_v4_Cosim_FMU.err

Thierry Nouidui

Mar 18, 2022, 8:49:48 AM3/18/22
to Maxime LEBECH, energyplus-fmu
What is the simulation start-time?
What is the simulation end time?
What is your communication step-size?
Though I can't run Matlab on my machine, could you share the complete system model?