dll verbose options

xav faure

Mar 31, 2021, 11:18:00 AM3/31/21
to energyplus-fmu
Dear all,
I am using EnergyPlusToFMU-v3.1.0 with python3.7. I have 2 questions regarding verbose's options from the FMUs (or from the playground : I am using FMI++).
1- while making the co-simulation is there a way to avoid energy plus printing all its intermediate information's like :
Updating Shadowing Calculation, Start...
for each FMUs
and then
Continuing Simulation at ...

2- How can I avoid making extra output files (htm and csv for examples) as well as the reading process of ESO files afterwards ?
Thanks in advances
All the bests,
Xavier

Thierry Nouidui

Apr 27, 2021, 2:53:29 AM4/27/21
to xav faure, energyplus-fmu
I suggest asking in unmethours.com whether there are some options that need to be passed to energyplus (when it calls using the command line interface) to suppress some of its verbose outputs.
If yes, then you will have to edit the EnergyPlus FMU code so it doesn't produce those outputs at runtime.
I will point you to the section of the code if needs be.

Prof. Thierry Nouidui
Nouidui Consulting Group
https://nouidui.com/index.php/consulting/

xav faure

Apr 27, 2021, 5:01:07 AM4/27/21
to energyplus-fmu
Hi, thanks for your answer. In the meantime I figured out how to get rid of these and posted the proposed solution as a possible improvement in EnergyPlusToFMU toolkit.

https://github.com/lbl-srg/EnergyPlusToFMU/issues/56

best
Xavier