Notes from the Speaking Circuit

Energy Information

Mar 12, 2009, 9:14:14 PM3/12/09
to energyin...@googlegroups.com
We're out on the speaking circuit sharing our vision for the future of the smart grid and energy information.

Tom Sly, who leads Google PowerMeter's partnership efforts, presented our energy information vision and Google PowerMeter at DEMO last week.

Conference Information:  http://www.demo.com/

This week, Dan Reicher, our leader of Energy and Climate Initiatives at Google.org, keynoted at the EnergyBiz Leadership Forum.  Dan talked about our efforts to build an open ecosystem around energy information as well as touching on Google's other clean energy projects.  Preceding Dan's talk, Charles Phillips, President of Oracle, shared results from an Oracle survey that said that while 95% of consumers want real-time energy information, only 20% were willing to pay for it.  We're not surprised by this data point which is why Google PowerMeter will be free to consumers (and utilities).

EnergyBiz Forum Conference:  http://www.energybizforum.com/

Upcoming Conference Presentations:

GridEcon
"The Power of Information"
March 16
Chicago, IL
David Bercovich
http://gridecon.com/2009/

Edison Electric Institute International Utility Conference
"Energy Information:  Google's Perspective"
March 17
London, England
Dan Reicher
http://www.eei.org/meetings/Pages/2009-03-EEIInternationalUtilityConference.aspx

Metering, Billing/CIS America
"Clean energy production - efficient, accessible and cheap"
March 23
Miami, FL
Ed Lu
http://www.spintelligent-events.com/mam2009/en/index.php