Google PowerMeter Announces First Utility Partners

Energy Information

May 20, 2009, 12:48:51 AM5/20/09
to energyin...@googlegroups.com
We're very excited to announce our first Google PowerMeter partners - 8 utilities representing over 10 million customers from 3 countries and 6 different US states.  These partners are offering Google PowerMeter to their customers to enable them to access detailed information on their home energy use.  To assist our utility partners with the integration to Google PowerMeter, we've also partnered with Itron, one of the world's largest meter manufacturers.  Here are our first 9 partners:

- San Diego Gas & Electric® (California)
- TXU Energy (Texas)
- JEA (Florida)
- Reliance Energy (India)
- Wisconsin Public Service Corporation (Wisconsin)
- White River Valley Electric Cooperative (Missouri)
- Toronto Hydro–Electric System Limited (Canada)
- Glasgow EPB (Kentucky)
- Itron (Integration partner)

We're very excited to work with these partners to roll out Google PowerMeter to their customers and help these customers save energy and money.  Since our launch, we've had more time to test out Google PowerMeter with both Google employees and utility customers and have found some amazing stories such as Alec who lowered his baseline energy consumption by 160 W (saving $150 / year) and Lindsey who found out that she was paying for her entire building's communal washer-dryer!  Stay tuned for more news about when Google PowerMeter is coming to a neighborhood near you.

Partner Listing:  http:www.google.org/powermeter/partners.html
New resources page:  http:www.google.org/powermeter/resources.html