(SSH) Solar Schoolhouse Projects for your (Home) Classroom

Tor at Solar Schoolhouse

Apr 30, 2020, 5:47:57 PM4/30/20
to energyfac...@googlegroups.com
Solar Schoolhouse Class Notes
Solar Schoolhouse Projects
for distance learning mode

Greetings!
If you'd like to offer your students a hands-on solar project during these teach-at-home times, and have some budget, we've got a variety of projects that are available immediately, and can be done with minimal tools.  We're a Live/work space and have been able to continue sharing project materials with schools, teachers and their students.

Solar Cell Phone Chargers - we call this family of projects the "Solar Notebook".  Variations include 1 panel, 2 panel, powerbank, USB LED lights, and one with a motor +whirlygig for teaching & demonstrating how solar cells, works.   See here for a description of the different models.
 [below is the Solar Notebook NB42E123 with powerbank and USB LED Lights.

Solar Cell Sets

We normally provide the Solar Cell Classroom Set or Solar Cell Activity Set to schools for whole classroom use.   These ingredients are great for solar explorations, and can also be used to make Solar Carnival Creations.

During this time we've been packaging various direct2home solar cell student sets.  These includes Solar Greeting Cards, Musical Solar Whirlygigs, and more. We recently received a load of solar power gadgets (battery chargers, fans, etc.) that we can turn into project materials cheaper.  One example is the Solar Ventilator (a fan + solar cell) that is being used to ventilate a small model Greenhouse or to help accelerate the process of drying fruit/veggies in a small diy dehydrator.

Call or email to discuss your project.
In...@rahus.org or call Tor at 707-829-3154.

About Solar Schoolhouse Class Notes

Solar Schoolhouse is a program of The Rahus Institute, a 501c3 non-profit organization. Education Energized by the Sun describes the mission of Solar Schoolhouse providing educators the tools for exploring the science and art of designing with sunshine, improving lives, and shaping a clean energy future.

This email was sent to energyfac...@googlegroups.com
You received this email because you are registered with Solar Schoolhouse Class Notes (Rahus Institute). Visit solarschoolhouse.org/classnotes to learn more and to subscribe if you're not already subscribed to SSH Class Notes.

SendinBlue

© 2020 Rahus Institute