[Solar Schoolhouse] Celebrating the Magic of Solar Cells on Earth Day.

Tor at Solar Schoolhouse

Apr 22, 2021, 1:40:14 AM4/22/21
to energyfac...@googlegroups.com
Solar Schoolhouse Class Notes
Celebrating
the Magic of Solar Cells
on Earth Day 2021

Greetings!

Invented by scientists at Bell Labs in 1954, the silicon solar cell’s unique ability to convert sunshine into electricity with no moving parts seems almost magical.

We've created a new video and poster, The Magic of Solar Cells,  highlighting the many ways that solar cells (aka photovoltaics) are used around the world.  The video shares the history of solar cells as new applications were developed.

Each application has it's own story, which we leave to students to research further and share their results with their peers.  This resource is meant to compliment any solar energy exploration that is part of your classroom. Students will gain a greater perspective of the role of this amazing technology in our world.

Solar cells have transformed our world, and will become an even bigger part of a clean energy future going forward.

Celebrating the Magical Solar Cell on this Earth Day!

Looking Forward,
- Tor

PS - I've included an inspiring poem written and delivered by the amazing US Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman - 'Earthrise'.

the Magic of Solar Cells video

Click the image above to view the video on youtube or visit solarschoolhouse.org/magicsolarcells/

View a close up of the Poster at solarschoolhouse.org/magicsolarcells/ Also available for purchase.

Earthrise by Amanda Gorman
About Solar Schoolhouse Class Notes

Solar Schoolhouse is a program of The Rahus Institute, a 501c3 non-profit organization. Education Energized by the Sun describes the mission of Solar Schoolhouse providing educators the tools for exploring the science and art of designing with sunshine, improving lives, and shaping a clean energy future.

This email was sent to energyfac...@googlegroups.com
You received this email because you are registered with Solar Schoolhouse Class Notes (Rahus Institute). Visit solarschoolhouse.org/classnotes to learn more and to subscribe if you're not already subscribed to SSH Class Notes.

SendinBlue

© 2020 Rahus Institute