Request for information for PG&E study

Rick Kuhn

Nov 21, 2012, 5:45:24 PM11/21/12
to energyfac...@googlegroups.com

I am forwarding this for the EFF to respond to.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Rick Kuhn-

workforce developmen​t project for PG&E

Jim Cassio ji...@cassio.com
to me

Rick,

I’m doing a “workforce development” project for PG&E and would appreciate your advice.

My assignment is to identify postsecondary education/training programs (cert or degree) for which PG&E may be interested in partnering. This includes programs that range from energy efficiency to renewable energy to alt fuel vehicles to engineering/smart grid to skilled crafts. Basically any program that falls under one of those headings and prepares people for jobs in the electric/gas utility industry.

The first stage of my work is to simply identify these programs and gather some basic info such as a contact person for each program.

When it comes to the community colleges (in CA), what do you think would be the best way for me to get this information? My thought is that I should reach out to the career technical ed deans (or equivalent) and ask them – either by phone or email. While some of the info we need can be obtained by researching their websites, it is unfortunate that some websites are just not up to date or don’t make it easy to find this type of information. Also, the websites don’t usually mention a program that’s yet to be offered or is in the planning stages, which I think I would only hear about if I reach out to the deans.

What’s your advice? And if it is to reach out to the deans, is there a directory somewhere of these folks with the phone numbers and email addresses?

Also, you don’t have to warn me that I probably won’t hear back from half of them. I’m quite familiar with that challenge!

Thanks in advance if you’re willing to advise me on this matter. ;-)

Regards,

-Jim

Jim Cassio
Workforce & Economic Development Consultant
Ji...@cassio.com

(916) 320-4944