Now Showing: Go Solar! Double Feature (series of online presentations in May & June by local energy educators)

Karim Beers, Get Your GreenBack Tompkins

May 20, 2020, 10:13:11 AM5/20/20
to tc-H...@cornell.edu, Energy-Independent-Caroline, Sustainability in Tompkins County, ICAN, building-bridges-network, e...@tompkins-co.org, Guillermo Metz, Erica Herman

Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County’s (CCE) Energy & Climate Change Team and Get Your GreenBack Tompkins (GYGB) proudly present solar energy… gone double-feature! Whether you’re a renter or own your home, or if you live in an apartment, solar really is available now to everyone.

CCE educators will be presenting a series of free, remote conversations covering all things solar from the end of May through mid-June.

Showing on Screen #1: Check out 3 Ways to Go Solar!

New to solar, on the fence, or want to learn more? Is there a difference whether I rent or own? Will I actually save money? How do I know which is the correct fit for me? Come learn about each option with us, and be empowered to pick out the right one for you! – with Erica Herman from Get Your GreenBack Tompkins

Offered: Friday, 5/29 from 11:30-12:30pm; Tuesday, 6/2 from 6:30-7:30pm; Sunday, 6/7 from 2-3pm

Showing on Screen #2: Putting the Power of the Sun to Work for You!

Want to take it to the next level?  "What are photovoltaics?" "How do they work and what incentives and rebate programs are available so I can put them on my house?" "What if my house is too shaded for solar?" “What’s a solar farm?” If you've been asking some of these questions, come find the answers and the options that could work for you.  – with Guillermo Metz from the CCE Energy & Climate Change Team

Offered: Thursday, 6/11 from 3-4:30pm and Monday, 6/15 from 6-7:30pm

Available through Zoom and FaceBook Live! Free and open to the public. To register or access via FaceBook please visit CCE event pagehttp://ccetompkins.org/events.

For more information or alternative access without internet please contact Erica Herman at eh...@cornell.edu / 607-689-2743 or Guillermo Metz at gm...@cornell.edu.

*Don't want to wait to learn more about home energy options?! *

The Ulysses Philomathic Library presents: "Your Way to Smart Home Energy Savings, an Online Workshop" with Get Your GreenBack Tompkins

Thursday, 5/21 from 7-8pm

Want to feel cozy at home year-round, not just in the colder months? Come to an interactive chat about home energy efficiency. Find out about free programs, incentives, and rebates to help weatherize your home, and explore options to fit every household. Let’s turn up the comfort and turn down the electric and heating costs. Be empowered as a home owner or renter, and get your no-cost energy audit today.

Please Register here:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsfuuhqT4qHdI83fqaz2EXODnVOce1B7C3

--

Karim Beers, Coordinator
everyone taking a step to save energy and money