Focus groups on energy issues in Tompkins Co

Catherine Lambert

Jul 19, 2019, 4:30:34 PM7/19/19
to Energy Independent Caroline
Hello!

I'd like to invite you all to participate in a community focus group we are holding on energy transitions in Tompkins County.

This project is a collaboration between researchers at Cornell and the Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County; our team is looking at attitudes towards the tradeoffs, risks and benefits of current and future energy sources in our area. We are looking for participants who are interested in energy topics to take part.

The focus group would involve about 2 hours time commitment for the discussion. We'll provide dinner and childcare, and participants will receive $20 for participating. Your participation will be anonymous; our goal is to understand at a general level a range of local perspectives on energy issues.

We will be holding a focus group session on 8/1 at the Brooktondale Fire Hall, from 6:30-8:30PM.  We are also holding 4 other sessions around the county which you are welcome to attend if they are more convenient for you:

  • 7/25, 6:30-8:30 at the Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
  • 7/27, 12-2pm at the Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
  • 7/29 6:30-8:30 at the Dryden Community Center Cafe
  • 7/30 6:30-8:30 at the Lansing Community Center

If you'd like to participate in a session or have any questions about the study, please email me or contact me at (607) 269-5258. Feel free to share this with anyone who you think would be interested!

Thank you very much,

Catherine Lambert

Department of Communication

Cornell University