Fwd: YOUR Input Requested- Brighten-Up Caroline Coordinator

John Reed

Jun 25, 2019, 9:15:32 AM6/25/19
to energy-indepe...@googlegroups.com
This is a reminder to use our list-serve email to communicate with EIC members....

To post, send your message to:

John

Sent from my iPad Mini4.   Please forgive the spell checker...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mary Kobler <m_ko...@yahoo.com>
Date: June 25, 2019 at 8:09:39 AM EDT
To: David Ritchie <david.r...@gmail.com>
Cc: Don Barber <sunn...@gmail.com>, Mark Witmer <super...@townofcaroline.org>, "e...@johnjan.com" <e...@johnjan.com>, "scn...@gmail.com" <scn...@gmail.com>, "jl...@cornell.edu" <jl...@cornell.edu>, "dub...@gmail.com" <dub...@gmail.com>, "jona...@solartompkins.org" <jona...@solartompkins.org>, "eaw...@gmail.com" <eaw...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: YOUR Input Requested- Brighten-Up Caroline Coordinator

Both Jonathan and I are available to help with interviews Fri. 9am & 10am.

I am forever grateful for everyone’s dedicated work and I help when I am able.

Mary Alyce

On Jun 25, 2019, at 2:26 AM, David Ritchie <david.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Don,
I think it would be good to have 2 people on each phone call to the reference people -- a speakerphone helps do that easily, or some phones have the ability to make 3-party calls.  One person can be dedicated to taking down the reference person's responses while the other person is asking the written questions and taking down the responses -- it helps tremendously with accuracy.  As a participant in many phone interviews for advertised positions at the library and institution I worked at, I am willing to be a second person for either you or Mark in these reference interviews.  I'm available on Thursday June 27 for the morning and/or afternoon of that day, and evening if necessary.  Let me know when and where I need to be to participate, if you or Mark should wish to use me for this purpose.

I hope someone else from EIC will volunteer to help in this way.

I appreciate that you told me that in the EIC discussion it was agreed that the 2020 distribution would be in the Spring and the project done by late Spring (June is the latest Spring date possible), and I have re-done the project plan timeframe to include that compressed timeframe, which is attached in both Excel and pdf versions.

Dave

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 9:52 PM Don Barber <sunn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dave and all,

The committee discussed timing of the project and felt that we need to be done by later Spring 2020, due to the federal and state elections ramping up in the Summer and Fall of 2020.
So finding a coordinator asap has become a priority which you are now participating in.
You are correct in assuming that there is a lot of project organization work and a marketing plan that all need to be developed before we can think about LED distribution. And of course volunteer recruitment.
The hope is to have this structural work done for a Fall 2019 distribution to just a portion of the Town.  We would use this experience to hone a push in the Spring to complete the project.
The committee also recognized that we need to build EIC membership to pull this off.  A recruitment article is going into the Brooktondale Community Center July newsletter announcing our meeting on July 24th.

That said, it is up to each of us to make the personal ask of the members of younger generations to build our membership and energy for a successful project.

Not hearing much feedback on timing for a meeting this week, I'd like to propose we interview one candidate on Friday at 9 AM and the second at 10 AM.  Then the committee would stay a little while after to provide a recommendation to the Town Board.  I know this is at the end of this email so I'll send another message out tomorrow after I've confirmed the interview schedule.

We also need to speak with references.  I think we need two persons calling (there are 2 references/applicant- each caller calls one for each applicant) and the list of questions need to be the same.  I haven't heard volunteers beyond Mark and myself.  Barring a new voice, Mark and I will work out questions and split the calls.

Please review the applicants material.

Warmest regards,
Don

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 10:22 PM Mark Witmer <super...@townofcaroline.org> wrote:

hi Dave,

I will speak for myself, but my understanding and intent is to let the applicants know when we expect most of the work to occur. I think your point that there may well be duties that run to the completion of the grant is a good one.   --Mark

Sincerely,
Mark Witmer
Caroline Town Supervisor

david.ritchie0 (zero) at gmail.com
<BrightenUp Caroline Residential Project Timeline.xlsx>
<BrightenUp Caroline Residential Project Timeline-pdf.pdf>

Ed Wurtz

Jun 25, 2019, 11:27:47 AM6/25/19
to John Reed, energy-indepe...@googlegroups.com
I will be available for the interviews on Friday AM.

I'm also posting this to the list serve email so that I don't have to keep track of all rhe various email addresses. Let's see how this works out.
Ed