Non-Profit Seeking Barn or Warehouse for Tiny Home Build this Winter

Karim Beers, Get Your GreenBack Tompkins

Oct 23, 2019, 8:29:25 AM10/23/19
to Sustainability in Tompkins County, tc-H...@cornell.edu, building-bridges-network, Energy-Independent-Caroline
Got a barn or warehouse space to spare this winter?

Get Your GreenBack Tompkins is looking to build a tiny home on a trailer that can be used in Tompkins County and beyond to provide hands-on education on the steps to a net-zero home. Look for air leaks with a thermal camera, discover different types of insulation, use a hand crank to power different types of bulbs, experience an air-source heat pump, gauge how much energy is being produced by the sun--these are some of the exhibits that will be featured on this 24' x 8.5' "Powerhouse", as we're calling the project.

(Curious about its looks and content? A group of students contributed to the design, and you can find their final report at https://cornell.box.com/s/frv9m12xrcu91uhlie6wcahq3hn5wiu6)

We are hoping to begin construction in late December/early January and hoping to have protection from the elements at least for the first few months while we get the building framed and weatherproofed.

We're looking for a space that will accommodate the 24' x 8' trailer, along with some space to maneuver around it, and allow the 13' tall home to exit once built.

We would of course love a donated space, but we can consider some payment if that helps.

Thanks so much for considering!
Karim

--

Karim Beers, Coordinator
everyone taking a step to save energy and money