Response Requested: Share EIC's efforts - as part of Earth Day article?

Karím Beers Get Your GreenBack Tompkins

Apr 6, 2022, 1:07:10 PM4/6/22
to Energy-Independent-Caroline

Hi good people of the EIC,

For Earth Day, Get Your GreenBack Tompkins is putting together a newsletter highlighting the important work going on around the county that is good for people and the planet. Your work with the EIC certainly fits this criteria! We’re looking for very brief descriptions of what you’d like people to know about your work, and one way that people who are eager to contribute to their community can get involved. We are especially interested in highlighting work that seeks to address environmental degradation and social inequities at the same time, as they have the same root cause, and require united community efforts to address them (read more on our perspective here).

Would you like to participate? If so, please complete this brief form by next Thursday, 4/14

We hope this will be a way for community members to learn about what you are working on, and potentially connect with you to provide support. Our newsletter reaches over 1,000 people in communities across Tompkins County and in nearby counties. In addition, I hope to publish the article in at least one local newspaper, and will share the completed piece with all contributors to be passed on through your own networks.

Thanks for considering! And feel free to reach out if you have any questions or suggestions,

Karim

P.S. If you have a photo that we could use, please share!

--

Karím Beers, Coordinator
everyone taking a step to save energy and money