Help recruit: Energy Navigators Training 2019

Karim Beers, Get Your GreenBack Tompkins

Jan 22, 2019, 3:32:23 PM1/22/19
to Energy-Independent-Caroline
Dear EIC,

I'm pasting below the announcement I'm sending out to start recruiting Navigators for the new round of training in which we're planning on having three (at least) participants who will focus on the Town of Caroline work.

Please help share the announcement and recruit. I think people who live in the Town would be in a great position to connect with others.

Thanks for your help!
Karim

***

Become an Energy Navigator  - Help people reduce energy use & bills & transition to renewables!

This hands-on and in-depth training prepares volunteer Energy Navigators to help others in the community understand their energy use and make progress towards reducing energy use and bills, and switching from fossil fuels to renewables. Focus is on helping low- and moderate-income residents--both homeowners and renters--save energy and money.

Navigators will learn about programs and options that can help homeowners and renters cut down on their energy use and bill, reduce their carbon footprint. Topics include understanding energy bills, home energy efficiency, renewable heating, solar energy, transportation alternatives, and more.

Applications are due March 13th, and training begins on April 10th, 2019. A limited number of stipends are available to support the engagement of underserved groups. For more information and to apply, visit www.getyourgreenbacktompkins.org/navigators, or contact Karim Beers at kw...@cornell.edu or 272-2292.

Energy Navigators is a program of Get Your GreenBack Tompkins with the support of NYSEG & Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County.

--

Karim Beers, Coordinator
everyone taking a step to save energy and money