The atomic makeover of Chris Huhne is complete

1 view

jo abbess

Jul 5, 2011, 4:18:05 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clavertonians,

As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played out on the spotlit theatre of the press.

His "shocking" private life scandal didn't shake him. Numerous rumblings at the DECC didn't knock him. Other crud didn't stick either. But on the matter of the allegedly misclaimed speeding points that apparently should have gone onto his driving licence, but apparently didn't, it seems he has been unseated. Not tipped out of his role, although that could still come as police investigations continue. I hazard to suggest that the road behaviour infraction story could have tipped him out of the driving seat of the energy HGV, and all because of nuclear power :-

Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power ‘renaissance’" for today, to get round the FT.com's paywall and go straight to the article.

Has Huhne been compromised ? Is he now "backing" nuclear power because he's been offered a deal he can't refuse over his alleged misdemeanour(s) ?

The technology hasn't got any better since yesterday, has it ? So why now the glowing report ?

jo.
+44 77 17 22 13 96
http://www.joabbess.com

Herbert Eppel

Jul 5, 2011, 4:32:14 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jo

I wonder whether Charles Hendry actually believes the nonsense he is quoted as saying in the FT article?

�This is an exciting time. ... We are on the brink of the biggest nuclear renaissance since the 1950s ... We must go forward with new nuclear. We will be a darker, less prosperous nation without it.�

Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

On 05.07.2011 09:18 UK Time, jo abbess wrote:
[...]

jo abbess

Jul 5, 2011, 4:41:36 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Herbert,

Of course he "believes". He's worked in public relations :-

"Former career: Public relations : Career history: 1982-88: Account director, Ogilvy and Mather PR; Associate director, Burson-Marsteller"

And that's why we trust, implicitly, everything he says, particularly about energy, engineering and technology, in which he has absolutely zero training.

jo.
+44 77 17 22 13 96
http://www.joabbess.com

Martin Otto

Jul 5, 2011, 4:54:55 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
This is an exciting time - we are on the brink of widespread acceptance
of the harsh reality that nuclear business, since its inception as a
means of producing big bombs, has been a hugely expensive and recklessly
dangerous con trick. The world will be a happier, safer and more honest
place without it. Unfortunately the laggards in this dawning realisation
are mostly politicians, some of whom are in a position to make big
decisions on our behalf.

On 05/07/2011 09:32, Herbert Eppel wrote:
> Hi Jo
>
> I wonder whether Charles Hendry actually believes the nonsense he is
> quoted as saying in the FT article?
>
> /�This is an exciting time. ... We are on the brink of the biggest
> nuclear renaissance since the 1950s ... We must go forward with new
> nuclear. We will be a darker, less prosperous nation without it.�
> /

> Herbert Eppel
> www.HETranslation.co.uk
>

> On 05.07.2011 09:18 UK Time, jo abbess wrote:
>> Hi Clavertonians,
>>
>> As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has
>> been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played
>> out on the spotlit theatre of the press.

Martin Otto
Lock-in Energy cic
Tel: 07986856682
www.lockinenergy.co.uk

Frank Holland

Jul 5, 2011, 5:21:31 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
He probably has a nice job lined up at EDF....didn't the other Hoon do
something like that?

Frank

Herbert Eppel

Jul 5, 2011, 5:32:09 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Talking about EDF, is Gordon Brown's brother still Head of Media
Relations there?

Herbert

On 05.07.2011 10:21 UK Time, Frank Holland wrote:
> He probably has a nice job lined up at EDF....didn't the other Hoon do
> something like that?
>
> Frank
>
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 08:18 +0000, jo abbess wrote:
>> Hi Clavertonians,
>>

>> As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has
>> been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played
>> out on the spotlit theatre of the press.
>>

>> His "shocking" private life scandal didn't shake him. Numerous
>> rumblings at the DECC didn't knock him. Other crud didn't stick
>> either. But on the matter of the allegedly misclaimed speeding points
>> that apparently should have gone onto his driving licence, but
>> apparently didn't, it seems he has been unseated. Not tipped out of
>> his role, although that could still come as police investigations
>> continue. I hazard to suggest that the road behaviour infraction story
>> could have tipped him out of the driving seat of the energy HGV, and
>> all because of nuclear power :-
>>

>> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power �renaissance�" for

Frank Holland

Jul 5, 2011, 7:10:10 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
And along comes George to back him up
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/04/nuclear-industry-stinks-cleaner-energy

there really is a concerted push by the nukes to get their way.

Is anybody going to object, or do we just roll over as always?

Frank

jo abbess

Jul 5, 2011, 7:48:28 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clavertonians,

I, for one, have attempted to object, in a polite and I hope logical fashion, so it probably won't get noticed :-

I can assure you that I personally am not rolling over to have my tummy tickled by a kindly nuclear power public relations exercise.

Will the UK Government hit the ejector button for Chris Huhne over the revelations of spin after the Fukushima catastrophe ? Time alone will tell - but it would be appropriate to see Charles Hendry metaphorically tossed by the same bull.

jo.
+44 77 17 22 13 96
http://www.joabbess.com

> Subject: Re: The atomic makeover of Chris Huhne is complete
> From: frankh...@yahoo.co.uk
> To: energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
> Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:10:10 +0100

Herbert Eppel

Jul 5, 2011, 7:52:22 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
See also
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jul/02/green-movement-lost-its-way>.

Monbiot has clearly lost the plot, and Lynas is another member of that
"cohort of should-know-better Greens who have been seduced by the
blandishments of the nuclear industry" - see
<http://www.forumforthefuture.org/blog/chris-huhne%E2%80%99s-nuclear-test>

Herbert

On 05.07.2011 12:10 UK Time, Frank Holland wrote:
> And along comes George to back him up
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/04/nuclear-industry-stinks-cleaner-energy
>
> there really is a concerted push by the nukes to get their way.
>
> Is anybody going to object, or do we just roll over as always?
>

> Frank
>
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 08:18 +0000, jo abbess wrote:
>> Hi Clavertonians,
>>

>> As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has
>> been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played
>> out on the spotlit theatre of the press.
>>

>> His "shocking" private life scandal didn't shake him. Numerous
>> rumblings at the DECC didn't knock him. Other crud didn't stick
>> either. But on the matter of the allegedly misclaimed speeding points
>> that apparently should have gone onto his driving licence, but
>> apparently didn't, it seems he has been unseated. Not tipped out of
>> his role, although that could still come as police investigations
>> continue. I hazard to suggest that the road behaviour infraction story
>> could have tipped him out of the driving seat of the energy HGV, and
>> all because of nuclear power :-
>>

>> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power �renaissance�" for

Peter Rowberry

Jul 5, 2011, 8:43:52 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com

there really is a concerted push by the nukes to get their way.

Is anybody going to object, or do we just roll over as always?

Frank

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 08:18 +0000, jo abbess wrote:
> Hi Clavertonians,
>

> As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has
> been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played
> out on the spotlit theatre of the press.
>

> His "shocking" private life scandal didn't shake him. Numerous
> rumblings at the DECC didn't knock him. Other crud didn't stick
> either. But on the matter of the allegedly misclaimed speeding points
> that apparently should have gone onto his driving licence, but
> apparently didn't, it seems he has been unseated. Not tipped out of
> his role, although that could still come as police investigations
> continue. I hazard to suggest that the road behaviour infraction story
> could have tipped him out of the driving seat of the energy HGV, and
> all because of nuclear power :-
>

> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power �renaissance�" for

energy-discussion...@googlegroups.com.

-----

No virus found in this message.

Frank Holland

Jul 5, 2011, 8:55:54 AM7/5/11
On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 11:48 +0000, jo abbess wrote:
> Will the UK Government hit the ejector button for Chris Huhne over the
> revelations of spin after the Fukushima catastrophe ? Time alone will
> tell - but it would be appropriate to see Charles Hendry
> metaphorically tossed by the same bull.

What a lovely warming thought!

Frank

Peter Rowberry

Jul 5, 2011, 8:59:53 AM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Frank,

You probably know that I don't do "rolling over".

I have left responses to Mark Lynas' diatribe on the Mail On Line web site,
one of which has been published. I have lodged a complaint to the Press
Complaints Commission that Mark's article offended the PCC rules on accuracy
and the responsibility of the press to point out what is fact and what is
conjecture (articles 1(i) and 1(iii) of the PCC's code). I am just a little
too old and decrepit to take to the streets and join the brave young uns in
direct action, but if the government ignores the facts like Mark and George
I may yet change my mind. Roll over? NEVER!

Pete R

there really is a concerted push by the nukes to get their way.

Is anybody going to object, or do we just roll over as always?

Frank

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 08:18 +0000, jo abbess wrote:
> Hi Clavertonians,
>

> As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has
> been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played
> out on the spotlit theatre of the press.
>

> His "shocking" private life scandal didn't shake him. Numerous
> rumblings at the DECC didn't knock him. Other crud didn't stick
> either. But on the matter of the allegedly misclaimed speeding points
> that apparently should have gone onto his driving licence, but
> apparently didn't, it seems he has been unseated. Not tipped out of
> his role, although that could still come as police investigations
> continue. I hazard to suggest that the road behaviour infraction story
> could have tipped him out of the driving seat of the energy HGV, and
> all because of nuclear power :-
>

> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power �renaissance�" for

energy-discussion...@googlegroups.com.

-----

Neil Crumpton

Jul 5, 2011, 1:04:43 PM7/5/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com

The day any Generation III nuclear power station is consented in Britain will be the day I become ashamed to be English

The Scots don't want nuclear, the Welsh are not allowed to object to nuclear and the Irish have always opposed nuclear.

The three main Westminster parties support French and foreign technology when the UK has huge wind and marine resources, global CCS advantages and poorly insulated buildings.

So much for informed democracy and an inquisitive British media. Where's the determination to drive in British technology and inventiveness ? Its a betrayal - with concrete monuments, possibly some of the few globally, standing unmissable testament for a century and more to British political and establishment gullibility. They may as well build one on the cliffs of Dover or Hastings to ram the obscenity home.

Its not done yet but it's probably beyond a close call now - guess its now up to hard economics or a positive radical campaigning renaissance, or the negative fate of the black swan

Neil

On 5 Jul 2011, at 12:52, Herbert Eppel wrote:

> See also <http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jul/02/green-movement-lost-its-way>.
>
> Monbiot has clearly lost the plot, and Lynas is another member of that "cohort of should-know-better Greens who have been seduced by the blandishments of the nuclear industry" - see <http://www.forumforthefuture.org/blog/chris-huhne%E2%80%99s-nuclear-test>
>
> Herbert
>

> On 05.07.2011 12:10 UK Time, Frank Holland wrote:
>> And along comes George to back him up
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/04/nuclear-industry-stinks-cleaner-energy
>>
>> there really is a concerted push by the nukes to get their way.
>>
>> Is anybody going to object, or do we just roll over as always?
>>

>> Frank
>>
>> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 08:18 +0000, jo abbess wrote:
>>> Hi Clavertonians,
>>>

>>> As you know, the Energy and Climate Change Minister Chris Huhne has
>>> been under a sustained barrage of political abuse, drama all played
>>> out on the spotlit theatre of the press.
>>>

>>> His "shocking" private life scandal didn't shake him. Numerous
>>> rumblings at the DECC didn't knock him. Other crud didn't stick
>>> either. But on the matter of the allegedly misclaimed speeding points
>>> that apparently should have gone onto his driving licence, but
>>> apparently didn't, it seems he has been unseated. Not tipped out of
>>> his role, although that could still come as police investigations
>>> continue. I hazard to suggest that the road behaviour infraction story
>>> could have tipped him out of the driving seat of the energy HGV, and
>>> all because of nuclear power :-
>>>

>>> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power ‘renaissance’" for

>>> today, to get round the FT.com's paywall and go straight to the
>>> article.
>>>

>>> Has Huhne been compromised ? Is he now "backing" nuclear power because
>>> he's been offered a deal he can't refuse over his alleged
>>> misdemeanour(s) ?
>>>

>>> The technology hasn't got any better since yesterday, has it ? So why
>>> now the glowing report ?
>>>

>>> jo.
>>> +44 77 17 22 13 96
>>> http://www.joabbess.com
>>> --

DENIS STEPHENS

Jul 6, 2011, 1:13:37 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Neil

What a load of nonsense.

Regards

Denis Stephens

Jul 6, 2011, 1:32:47 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Really? Can you elaborate?

FWIW, the day any Generation III nuclear power station is consented in Britain will be the day I'm beginning to seriously regret becoming a British citizen (in addition to my German citizenship).

Regards

Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

On 06.07.2011 18:13 UK Time, DENIS STEPHENS wrote:
Neil
�
What a load of nonsense.
�
Regards
�
Denis Stephens

The day any Generation III nuclear power station is consented in Britain will be the day I become ashamed to be English

The Scots don't want nuclear, the Welsh are not allowed to object to nuclear and the Irish have always opposed nuclear.

The three main Westminster parties support French and foreign technology when the UK has huge wind and marine resources, global CCS advantages and poorly insulated buildings.

So much for informed democracy and an inquisitive British media. Where's the determination to drive in British technology and inventiveness ? Its a betrayal - with concrete monuments, possibly some of the few globally, standing unmissable testament for a century and more to British political and establishment gullibility.� They may as well build one on the cliffs of Dover or Hastings to ram the obscenity home.
>>> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power �renaissance�" for
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to energy-discussion...@googlegroups.com.

jo abbess

Jul 6, 2011, 2:23:18 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Clavs,

A little from Planet Investment :-

=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=

UK nuclear investment environment "dire": Citigroup

By Nina Chestney
LONDON | Wed Jul 6, 2011 11:46am EDT

(Reuters) - Britain's nuclear strategy is "uninvestable" for private clients, who are only likely to put money into new plants if the government shoulders more of the risks involved, Citigroup's head of European utilities research said on Wednesday.

Nuclear developers plan to build around 16 gigawatts of new nuclear capacity in the UK by 2025 to help meet the UK's tough climate targets, but the investment environment is "dire," Peter Atherton told journalists at a briefing in London.

"I don't think the UK will get the 16 gigawatts they are after by (then)," he said.

"Investors are demanding more of their returns up front in cash rather than dividends, indicating they don't trust the capital growth of the sector.

"The risk-reward balance for public equity market investors is massively negative and I can't see a way of making it attractive at all," Atherton added.

Shares in the European utility sector have fallen about 30 percent since February 2009, according to Citigroup, as EU utilities have been more exposed to commodity price rises than in Asia or the U.S., and, most recently, due to the impact Japan's nuclear crisis.

Many EU countries decided to rethink their atomic energy policy following Japan's Fuskushima disaster. Germany decided to shut down its nuclear reactors for good by 2022 and the Czech nuclear expansion could also face delay.

PUBLIC MUST PAY

Nuclear power provides two important public benefits: low-carbon power generation and security of supply, Atherton said.

"If the value of new nuclear is essentially in those public goods then the public must have to pay for them.

"If we want (plants) built, the state will have to take on the risks," he added, saying the government could do this through direct subsidies, taxes or building new plants itself.

UK nuclear power developers face several risks from planning uncertainty, construction costs, power prices (revenue), operating costs, waste and decommissioning.

The UK government wants to reduce the time it takes to get planning permission and is trying to cut power price risk through its electricity market reform. But it still expects developers to shoulder the risks involved in constructing new plants.

"As we stand today, is (new nuclear) an investable option for Centrica, RWE? Simply put, no. The cost of capital based on those risks would be way too high to give you an electricity price which is affordable.

"You would be looking at a project cost of capital of at least 15 percent. That would require a power price of about 150-200 pounds per megawatt hour (based on 2017 money) to make that project work," he said, which is three to four times as much as current UK spot power prices.

"We think it is uninvestable for public equity markets. EDF may be willing to take on the construction risks but none of the other (big utilities) are willing to do that."

EDF Energy has said it would build new nuclear in the UK based on a 10 percent cost of capital, Atherton said.

"It shouldn't, in my view, but it might because it is acting on the part of the French government (which wants to protect French nuclear jobs)."

The startup date of EDF's first UK new nuclear plant in 2018 is likely to be revised after regulatory delays following Japan's nuclear crisis.

(Reporting by Nina Chestney; editing by Keiron Henderson)

=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=

jo.
+44 77 17 22 13 96
http://www.joabbess.com

The day any Generation III nuclear power station is consented in Britain will be the day I become ashamed to be English

The Scots don't want nuclear, the Welsh are not allowed to object to nuclear and the Irish have always opposed nuclear.

The three main Westminster parties support French and foreign technology when the UK has huge wind and marine resources, global CCS advantages and poorly insulated buildings.

So much for informed democracy and an inquisitive British media. Where's the determination to drive in British technology and inventiveness ? Its a betrayal - with concrete monuments, possibly some of the few globally, standing unmissable testament for a century and more to British political and establishment gullibility.  They may as well build one on the cliffs of Dover or Hastings to ram the obscenity home.
>>> Google the headline "Minister backs nuclear power ‘renaissance’" for

jo abbess

Jul 6, 2011, 2:36:20 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Clavertonians,

Has anybody done the analysis of the day-to-day contribution that nuclear power makes to the UK's electricity supply over the last few years, or do I need to chew the data for myself ?

Is there an agency or body that posts this online in a place I should have looked at but haven't ?

I've seen that word "dependable" crop up in various news reports recently in relation to nuclear power, and I somewhat doubt it.

Many thanks,

jo.
+44 77 17 22 13 96
http://www.joabbess.com

From: jo_a...@hotmail.com
To: energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:23:18 +0000

Frank Holland

Jul 6, 2011, 2:37:28 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Herbert,

The same guy does not think ethics are relevant to the nuclear issue,
remember he said "As far as I am concerned ethics have nothing to do
with it."

Says it all really.

Frank

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 18:32 +0100, Herbert Eppel wrote:
> Really? Can you elaborate?
>
> FWIW, the day any Generation III nuclear power station is consented in
> Britain will be the day I'm beginning to seriously regret becoming a
> British citizen (in addition to my German citizenship).
>
> Regards
>
> Herbert Eppel
> www.HETranslation.co.uk
>

> On 06.07.2011 18:13 UK Time, DENIS STEPHENS wrote:
> > Neil
> >

> > What a load of nonsense.
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Denis Stephens

dave andrews

Jul 6, 2011, 2:58:20 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
best to stay away from these kind of approaches methinks..Dave

--
Dave Andrews
K.E.N.T.

Dave Elliott

Jul 6, 2011, 8:01:17 PM7/6/11
to energy-disc...@googlegroups.com, energy-disc...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Germans to pull out of UK nuclear?

Fresh doubts have emerged over the delivery of Britain's nuclear
ambitions, after EDF said it would issue an "adjusted timetable" for
construction and RWE admitted it was still deciding "how to move on
with the project". German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported on
Tuesday that RWE and E.ON have all but abandoned the idea of building
nuclear plants in the UK. Their home country Germany has decided to
withdraw from the nuclear industry, meaning there would be less to be
gained from starting a standalone atomic power business in the UK. RWE
has also appointed Goldman Sachs to review its options for Npower,
raising the possibility that it could sell off the UK arm altogether
for around £5bn.

Telegraph 6th July 2011

The security of Britain’s energy supply could be thrown into
turmoil after reports that E.ON and RWE npower are to walk away from
their commitment to build two new nuclear power plants. A decision by
E.ON and RWE to abandon plans build reactors at Wylfa on Anglesey and
Oldbury on the River Severn would halt the creation of thousands of
jobs and could leave a big hole in British electricity generation by
2020. Süddeutsche Zeitung, the German newspaper, reported that the
giant German utilities have all but abandoned their British nuclear
joint venture, Horizon. It quoted a manager saying that E.ON and RWE
have concluded that the investments, which were understood to tally up
at £17 billion, were too expensive. Horizon was already due to have
started awarding contracts around Wylfa this year. It had been
promising the creation of 800 permanent jobs at each of its new plants
and as many as 10,000 construction jobs could have been provided. The
joint venture had originally quoted a price of £15 billion to build
the plants, which would have been capable of producing 6,000 megawatts
— more than 10 per cent of British peak electricity demand. The
latest estimates for building the plants on sites next to the existing
Magnox nuclear stations quote a figure of £17 billion. The first power
was due to have been produced in 2020 with finalisation in 2025.

Times 6th July 2011

RWE npower RWEg.DE Chief Executive Volker Beckers, whose company
plans to build six gigawatts of new nuclear capacity in Britain in
partnership with German rival E.ON also said two weeks ago that new
stations will face a rise in costs due to additional safety measures.
German media reports on Tuesday said the German nuclear partnership's
plans are increasingly unlikely to follow through due to spiralling
costs. The companies denied this, saying there were no changes in
their plans to build new nuclear stations in Britain.

Reuters 5th July 2011

German utility companies RWE and E.ON have all but abandoned their
plans to build two nuclear power plants in Britain, Sueddeutsche
Zeitung reported on Tuesday, citing company sources. Plans to build
new plants were increasingly unlikely to be carried out because
investments would be too expensive, the German daily quoted a manager
familiar with the project as saying. Asked to comment on the report
RWE and E.ON said it was up to the British government. "We are
awaiting next steps by the British government. There will be no
decisions before that," an RWE spokesman said.

Reuters 5th July 2011

By Frankfurt Bureau

FRANKFURT (MarketWatch) -- RWE AG (RWE.XE) and E.ON AG (EOAN.XE) may not
proceed with their plans to jointly build new nuclear reactors in the
U.K.
as the projects are becoming too expensive for the German utilities,
daily
newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung reports Tuesday.

Citing unidentified company managers, the report says thestruggle to convey to investors the billions of euros in investment that
would be required for building new reactors in the U.K. at a time when
cash
flows and earnings are under increased pressure after Germany decided to
exit all nuclear energy.

Spokespeople for RWE and E.ON said their companies haven't made any
decisions to abandon the U.K. nuclear joint venture.

Companies planning to build new reactors in the U.K. are awaiting a
report
by the country's nuclear regulatory body, assessing reactor designs. The
report is expected to be submitted in the autumn.

E.ON and RWE have said they will await the publication of the report
before
making any decision for or against their nuclear joint venture in the
U.K.

The German utilities are partners in the Horizon Nuclear Power joint
venture. The joint company said last year it would build its first
nuclear
reactor at Wylfa on the Isle of Anglesey given the right market
conditions
and subject to a final investment decision.

In total, Horizon aims to deliver a total of around 6 gigawatts of new
nuclear capacity from two power stations in the U.K. by 2025,
representing
an investment of around GBP15 billion.