FFC Lincoln Park - Volunteer Info for Sat + more volunteers wanted Sunday!

TriMonster Volunteers

Apr 26, 2019, 7:32:13 PM4/26/19
to TriMonster Volunteers

IndoorTriVolunteers3.jpgIndoorTriVolunteers.jpgIndoorTriVolunteers2.jpg

Swim. Bike. Run. Fun... and Volunteer!

TRIATHLON WEEKEND - HERE WE GO + more volunteers & gear swap sellers wanted Sunday!!!!

THANK YOU to all of our volunteers who helped out in our first several events this year and to those of you helping out this SATURDAY and SUNDAY at FFC LINCOLN PARK!   Final volunteer assignments are posted below!  We are also looking for a few more volunteers for Sunday's event (7:00am-11am), as well as a few more volunteers and sellers for our "GEAR SWAP" on Sunday (11am-1pm)... anyone who volunteers will get a free table for the gear swap to sell items!

VOLUNTEERS - WANTED FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AT LINCOLN PARK!!!

We are still looking for more volunteers (and participants), especially for Sunday - so be sure to sign up and volunteer for this and any future events at ffc.com/endurance-volunteer if you haven't already!  So far we have the following volunteers for this weekend - please let me know if you have any questions or need to make any changes but we look forward to seeing you all this weekend!

SATURDAY:
Shelley Sarson CHECK IN
Jamie White-FreemanCheck in w/ Shelley (10-2pm)
Joy MilesSwim Captain
Fred CritchSwim Timer
Becky CritchSwim Timer + TimeCard Runner
Kim DarreSwim Timer until 11am
Katie JacksonSwim Timer
Katherine LieberSwim Timer + TimeCard Runner
Maryann CarreroBIKE CO-CAPTAIN, racing first wave
Terri FrielBIKE CO-CAPTAIN, racing last wave
John TopacioBike Timer, then Race last wave.
Nick PreysBike Timer, then Race last wave.
Jason CullenBike Timer, then Race last wave? (TBD)
Adriana RomaniBike Timer, then Race last wave? (TBD)
Ashley VehnekampBike Timer (10am-1pm)
Dan JacksonRUN CAPTAIN
David CoatesRun Timer + racing last wave
Nathan CoatesRun Timer (Medal Distribution) + racing last wave
SUNDAY:
Myshel Swim Timer - Captain
Elijah PotterSwim Timer
Maryann CarreroSwim Timer
Robert Garren Run Station Captain

NEW "TRIPLE" VOLUNTEER SWAG - TriMonster mini backpacks!

If you've volunteered for 3 or more events this year, as an extra "THANK YOU!!!!" for all your help, be sure to grab one of our brand new mini TriMonster backpacks from Shelley when you check in for your volunteer assignment & sign the waiver!  These can be earned by racing, volunteering, or any combo thereof in at least three events to complete a TriMonster "Triple" challenge!  They make for great little indoor tri gear bags or shoe bags for cycling gear!

TriMonster Lawn Chairs - for the top 5+ event volunteers!

We will also be giving the top volunteers of the series their own personal TriMonster folding chair... because if you've volunteered that much, you deserve receiving your own personal "TriMonster throne" so that you can get off your feet for a bit!  So if you've volunteered for 5+ events and want one, just let us know at the next event!

PHOTOS

For photos from prior events, check out fb.com/trimonsters/photos   -> I will be updating more photos from the last couple events soon!

VOLUNTEER INFO - SATURDAY (7:30am start) & SUNDAY (7am start)!

Please note that all volunteers must sign a USAT WAIVER to check in and we'll also have some swag for you including shirts!   For those of you volunteering SATURDAY, if any of you would like to race first and then volunteer (or vice versa), just let us know ASAP if you might be interested in squeezing in a race and make sure you get registered ASAP!  Please check in by 7:30am on SATURDAY or right when the gym opens at 7am on SUNDAY!

POST RACE INFO SESSION & SOCIAL - SATURDAY
We won't have any "official" post-race outing at the Saturday event, but we have a beginner triathlete info session to kick off our CHICAGO TRIATHLON training program at 1pm in the Community Room with drinks and snacks.... and after that wraps up, several of us will plan to go out around 2:30pm for a more "unofficial" outing!

POST RACE GEAR SWAP, AWARDS & SOCIAL - SUNDAY!

That said, on SUNDAY we will plan to go out for a big indoor triathlon celebration party - including the GEAR SWAP (11am-1pm) and AWARDS (1-1:30pm), plus for anyone who wants to stick around after we'll head out for proper food and drinks around 1:30pm on SUNDAY!

VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS
Please review the FFC Indoor Triathlon website at ffc.com/triathlon to familiarize yourselves with the event and any changes for 2019.  In particular, here are a few prep steps:
  1. Download the "ATHLETE GUIDE" to read over the rules & race info at ffc.com/triathlon
  2. Want to race?  After signing up to volunteer, enjoy $20 off with discount code "volunteermonster" at ffc.com/triathlon
  3. Join our GroupMe Text Alerts list for race-day communication: http://tinyurl.com/FFCtri-messages
  4. Read the Indoor Tri Volunteering Tips & Responsibilities: http://tinyurl.com/VolunteerMonsters-Tips
  5. Don't forget to SIGN THE USAT VOLUNTEER WAIVER when you check in.... and pickup your volunteer swag!!!

We look forward to seeing many of you at the next race!!!

-Chris