Can I use the 2019 EAD data to publish papers

Dora Chan

Feb 23, 2020, 7:53:25 AM2/23/20
to EndoCV2020
I know the dataset of 2020 EAD challenge is prohibited for publishing research papers before the proceeding. But can I use the 2019 challenge dataset to train models and publish academic papers on journals and conferences?

sali

Feb 23, 2020, 8:28:36 AM2/23/20
to EndoCV2020
Hi,

EAD2020 consists of corrected annotations of EAD2019 and several new frames. This is prohibited data to use in any other journal/conference papers at current stage but you can publish with us which will give you an opportunity to be a part of larger group and thorough analysis after the challenge.

However, if you want to publish something on EAD2019 using training data of provided at Mendeley, if you cite all the related papers and methods from the last year competition then you should be fine. However, please do note that test data are not available and additionally test data for EAD2020 is prohibited to be used in your self publication.

There are several teams who spend their useful time and invest on this challenge so we have to be considerate and take the responsibility for everyone. Our advice will always be to get it published in our proceeding and significantly contribute in the analysis for a high impact journal publication with us. However, of course you can publish your methods citing all the materials in EAD2019 available online. But, as mentioned before the training set on EAD2019 will be deprecated and updated with EAD2020 in the future.

I hope this is clear.