iOS/droid update

r618

Oct 27, 2011, 3:17:17 PM10/27/11
to endgame-singularity
hi guys,
i put together hopefully functional/at least partially playable
version, you can find it here: http://db.tt/obgAqSmv
( it requires unity plugin which is around 200kb in size and after
install no browser restart is required, so it'd be hopefully no
hassle )

its an intensive pre-alpha, so expect weird behavior, possibly crashes
and singularities, and as such no sound / music and missing features
however i decided to put it online since everything should be coded
now, not tested obviously
lemme know what do you think, any feedback appreciated :)

thanks,
martin

12padams

Oct 31, 2011, 3:11:40 AM10/31/11
to endgame-singularity
Can't install the unity plugin on my iPad...

Martin Cvengros

Oct 31, 2011, 10:11:18 AM10/31/11
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi 12padams,

this version of E:S requires browser plugin to run on desktops ( PCs/MACs ) and this plugin does not work on iOS/Android mobile devices

to run this on iOS/Android you will need to download it from App Store / Android market, but it's not there yet, I will put proper link here when it's ready

for now it's desktop only, for several versions, until it's ready

thanks!

12padams

Nov 2, 2011, 7:11:42 PM11/2/11
to endgame-singularity
Yea... checkout out the browser version you got there... fantastic
work but please make an ipad version (1024 by 720) because it would
suck playing a streched out iphone version on the ipad.

Really wanted this on my ipad and you did it. how much will it cost?

12padams

Nov 2, 2011, 7:16:49 PM11/2/11
to endgame-singularity
Wow just checked it out again and it already looks bigger... might
actually fit on ipad already. Anyway some feedback now. I would like
it if the windows were less transparent. For example the finance
window. Its quite hard to read!

12padams

Nov 2, 2011, 7:21:34 PM11/2/11
to endgame-singularity
Once a tech is finished being researched e.g. intrusion it says my
study of %techs is completle. %techmessage. Basically strings are not
being inserted properly

r618

Nov 6, 2011, 10:58:36 PM11/6/11
to endgame-singularity

Sorry for the delay, thanks for feedback
several rough edged are fixed / got hard time figuring exactly label
clipping though, next update /
I was not initially planning iPad version, but maybe it's worth a
shot ;) -- the gui should be resolution independent now though
Also, I'll probably create separate (google code) group as to not spam
this one.

thanks!

Philip Adams

Nov 9, 2011, 7:52:53 PM11/9/11
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
Looks much better now... You may be able to release it soon :)

r618

Jan 5, 2012, 4:14:30 PM1/5/12
to endgame-singularity
it should be online now - http://itunes.apple.com/app/endgame-singularity-ii/id491983886?mt=8

also it's free on android market - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.r6appz.ESII

i'll put sources online later, here's google group -
http://groups.google.com/group/endgame-singularity-ii

i'm sure it has few bugs yet, however hopefully no critical one, so it
should be playable well, enjoy )

Jon Schlueter

Jan 5, 2012, 9:45:57 PM1/5/12
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in the source code for the app, thanks for
taking the effort and publishing it GPL.

Jon

Elton Carvalho

Jan 5, 2012, 9:49:21 PM1/5/12
On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 22:14, r618 <mcv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it should be online now - http://itunes.apple.com/app/endgame-singularity-ii/id491983886?mt=8
>
> also it's free on android market - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.r6appz.ESII

Nice work!

But my two cents go to the size of the app. 35MB? Is all that really necessary?

Congratulations again!
--
Elton Carvalho
Tel.: +55 11 3091-6985/6922

r618

Jan 5, 2012, 11:17:24 PM1/5/12
to endgame-singularity
hi,

it's because of music which is all included ) which is cca 28 mb
unity alone has if i recall correctly cca 10 mb, so there you go
btw app store version has even more - above 44 mb, because of, i
think, apple drm stuff..

however, i wanted it to have music included, I'm sorry, if it bothers
you

On Jan 6, 3:49 am, Elton Carvalho <elto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 22:14, r618 <mcv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > it should be online now -http://itunes.apple.com/app/endgame-singularity-ii/id491983886?mt=8
>
> > also it's free on android market -http://market.android.com/details?id=com.r6appz.ESII

r618

Jan 5, 2012, 11:11:00 PM1/5/12
to endgame-singularity
hi,

the sources are online, have a look if interested -
http://code.google.com/p/endgame-singularity-ii/

the base files mimic the original to high extend, only i had to
completely replace all gui and os/pygame etc. dependent stuff
(python inheritance and duck typing gave me a bit rough time, but
that's another story)

there is also unity package available for download for importing into
unity which contains exactly the same sources as in repo so no svn
checkout necessary

you need unity which is free to run the sources if interested

On Jan 6, 3:45 am, Jon Schlueter <jon.schlue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be interested in the source code for the app, thanks for
> taking the effort and publishing it GPL.
>
> Jon
>

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM, r618 <mcv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > it should be online now -http://itunes.apple.com/app/endgame-singularity-ii/id491983886?mt=8
>
> > also it's free on android market -http://market.android.com/details?id=com.r6appz.ESII

12padams

Jan 6, 2012, 4:22:27 PM1/6/12
to endgame-singularity
Any reason why it's called singularity 2 other than that it's on a
mobile device? E.g. New items/bases/locations?

On Jan 6, 3:11 pm, r618 <mcv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> the sources are online, have a look if interested -http://code.google.com/p/endgame-singularity-ii/

Max McCracken

Jan 7, 2012, 8:53:40 AM1/7/12
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I've finally got an Android phone and tried it :) Nice job,
though it has a very annoying bug - when I press New Game and select
difficulty level the main menu just stays on top of the game! It's
clickable (and the UI underneath it) but I can't get it away.

r618

Jan 6, 2012, 4:42:26 PM1/6/12
to endgame-singularity
no, it reads the same definition files for items / bases etc as the
last version of e:s, so the content is for the time being the same

Martin Cvengros

Jan 7, 2012, 5:48:07 PM1/7/12
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com, Max McCracken
Hi, I'm sorry

what model exaclty do you have ?

I will have to submit bugreport for unity with this, hopefully they wil fix it. Android is quite fragmented and I tested only on one device.

Meanwhile different phone might help if that's possible - I got it running on htc hd 2 -

I'm sorry for the inconvenience again, but I can't do anything about it... hopefully there's update soon

r618

Jan 9, 2012, 4:41:56 AM1/9/12
to endgame-singularity

> Hi, I'm sorry
>
> what model exaclty do you have ?

I've got a chinese clone called H7300 :) Though it does have a fairly
recent Android version - 2.3.

-- it depends also on hw, e.g. whether driver properly supports
opengles etc.; I will have to check whether unity states the phone is
somehow compatible ( although I dont think so -) and will submit
bugreport if so.

> I will have to submit bugreport for unity with this, hopefully they wil fix it. Android is quite fragmented and I tested only on one device.

I don't think they will bother with this :)
Is the UI based on some Unity library?

-- yes, it's part of unity actually, not heavily used on mobiles
though because of inefficiency when drawing opengl scene with it, but
for this type of game it turned out to do well enough; I customized it
with e:s fonts and popped some texture/s for buttons/controls

> Meanwhile different phone might help if that's possible - I got it running on htc hd 2 -
>
> I'm sorry for the inconvenience again, but I can't do anything about it... hopefully there's update soon

Sure, no problem, it was more of a "I wonder if it works" test.

Koppie

Jan 10, 2012, 9:36:03 AM1/10/12
to endgame-singularity
I've got another bug: I finally saved up $65,000 to buy a small
warehouse and fill it with computers, and the game forgot all my
techs! Wouldn't even let me buy the warehouse! (Yes, I'd researched
it already.)

Droid Bionic.

r618

Jan 10, 2012, 12:10:06 PM1/10/12
to endgame-singularity
Hi there,
I know about that ;/ sadly it went live with it.. please be patient,
save often and wait for next update ( not 1.0.1 though which fixes
only one bug concerning new game after lost game );