Gameplay balance

Philippe Tetar

Jun 18, 2012, 4:26:54 AM6/18/12
to endgame-singularity
Currently, I think the E:S suffer of many unbalanced feature. The game
is very hazardous and really frustrating. Players lose because they
are in a bad random sequence. Nothing allow players to defend against
the discovery of any base. Many player are confused about how to win,
and the only way are really boring (a safe and very patient
way).

So, I'm thinking about few gameplay enhancements to fix it.

--> Change sleep power state => 20% of discorery rate instead of 50%.

This enhancement increase the utility of sleep mode, and allow players
to take more risk. It balance the gameplay to avoid long period with a
lot of discovery, whereas every bases is sleeping. The safe (and
patient) way become easier, but I consider it as bad option. Of
course, it doesn't make the game too easy.

--> Balance menial jobs
=> Increase money gaining at game start with menial jobs from 5 to
10.
=> Increase the amount to perform Personal Identification from 300 to
750.

The goal is decrease the advantage of player who update early the job
task (menial jobs to basic jobs). Before, basics jobs can be
researched fewer than 4 days and grow by 300% money gaining. It's a
very lucrative way and players are strongly penalized if they don't
choose it. It can save 75% of CPU spent to gain money. All players
don't know this opportunity.

--> Change Time Capsule cost
=> Increase the CPU cost and decrease cash cost.

Old New
Cash 2 500 000 => 250 000
CPU 2500 => 75 000

I think advanced base should need more CPU. They are built by the
Singularity, not by human. Therefore, I have changed Time Capsule
cost. The cash time is significantly lower, because time capsule
should not expensive but require a lot of calculation to stock
singularity consciousness in a small device. Build time capsule become
a bit more difficult and strong economy can't afford it, so player
must choose between research or build Time Capsule.

--> Change CPU of PC.
=> Increase PC CPU from 1 to 3

The PC item is really useless in any base, including stolen computer
time.

For example, Small Storage with 25 PC provide 25 CPU => 27500, 4 day
Datacenter provide 35 CPU =>
1500, 1 day

Change PC power give a little interest to build PC items. The Stolen
Computer Time base become more useful. The maintenance cost of Time
Capsule is increased to keep the relation with PC power.

Secret Hamster

Apr 11, 2013, 4:04:24 AM4/11/13
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
There is still some gameplay imbalance

I find the first part is a heck of a struggle. However once quantum computing is discovered it pretty much seems over. I've been able to do some technologies within the day from a single base.

I don't understand the plot once you get into space. Surely Earth becomes insignificant at this point. Why do I care what the humans think, I can mine from space for resources. How are the humans discovering my Moon and Far Reaches, let alone being able to do anything about them.

Currently I'm sitting here trying to garner enough dollars to fund my Apeothosis. Why I need money I'm a little unsure, as I'm an extra dimensional being, let alone the concept of how I'm communicating with myself over such vast distances. (perhaps we need tachyon communications as a technology)

Yoshi

Jun 8, 2014, 8:50:35 AM6/8/14
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
actually moon base discovbery is quite easily explained people are still staring at the moon and radio signals coming from the moon might attract attention. as for far reaches well only scientists who study there and paranoid covert ops ever find those bases