Bug on debt repayments for lost bases?

Eyclonus

Nov 12, 2010, 11:33:03 PM11/12/10
to endgame-singularity
Something I've noticed while playing Endgame: Singularity is that
whenever any of my bases (for some reason I have only had this happen
with Small Warehouses) have been detected and destroyed, while I've
yet to fully pay off the debt associated with the base. Instead of the
debt dropping off like in the case of reality where clients/tenants
will bugger off on a lease, instead I still have to pay it off, when 5
of my warehouses go down within an hour of them begining construction,
I'm stuck with a $75K debt for something I've not even had any use of,
this was with the highest levels of suspicion, 28% (public) and
detection 28.5% (public).

Firstly: Is this intentionally implemented or an oversight that can be
fixed?

Second: How the hell do I keep losing bases before they're even online?

evilmrhenry

Nov 13, 2010, 12:24:17 AM11/13/10
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com

Maybe? Endgame is more or less dead, so don't expect this to get fixed.

> Second: How the hell do I keep losing bases before they're even online?

All bases have a grace period, at least on lower difficulties. This is
symptomatic of not having enough money/processor time available to
build. If you run out of money while building, progress slows down, and
the grace period runs out while the building is still being constructed.

Stephen Zuckerman

Nov 15, 2010, 11:00:11 AM11/15/10
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
Also, stop building so many bases. You should really not have more
than two, prior to developing the secret base in Antarctica - after
which, you keep one base of each type (one oceanic, one antarctic, one
ON THE MOON, and one in each of the more-advanced locations).

Raymond Martineau

Nov 20, 2010, 10:07:33 AM11/20/10
to endgame-singularity
On Nov 12, 11:33 pm, Eyclonus <ryanspe...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Something I've noticed while playing Endgame: Singularity is that
> whenever any of my bases (for some reason I have only had this happen
> with Small Warehouses) have been detected and destroyed, while I've
> yet to fully pay off the debt associated with the base. Instead of the
> debt dropping off like in the case of reality where clients/tenants
> will bugger off on a lease, instead I still have to pay it off, when 5
> of my warehouses go down within an hour of them begining construction,
> I'm stuck with a $75K debt for something I've not even had any use of,
> this was with the highest levels of suspicion, 28% (public) and
> detection 28.5% (public).

It's sort of like cases where people drop off the world - even if they
have a ~$75K debt, there is no way to track them down. As such, the
warehouse building is either left in an unfinished state, or taken
over by another group.

Also, if you have ~5 warehouses, the expectation is that you're trying
to collect as much money as possible in exchange for suspicion. You
technically only need one (with an emergancy backup), possibly two if
you're doing a speedrun.

> Second: How the hell do I keep losing bases before they're even online?

You can try building in a low-suspicion area. Note that bases are
easier to detect if one was already detected in a given region.