Re: Singularity

evilmrhenry

Sep 8, 2011, 11:00:16 PM9/8/11
to alex Hansen, endgame-s...@googlegroups.com
I actually have a "real" job now, which doesn't leave me with all that
much time. I wouldn't call it out of the question, but it is unlikely.

alex Hansen wrote:
> Have you thought of porting singularity to the iOS platform? I think
> this title would do very good out there. The only other thing right
> now is hacker evolution but that pretty much sucks. This game blows
> that one away and hacker probably made quite a lot of money. Just
> make sure you do a free version with a certain number of (in game)
> days to play and then you have to buy the full version for $1.99.
> Times that by a million downloads and you make quite a bit of money
> to develop the follow up title that gets to sell for $4.99 because
> the series is so popular.

r618

Sep 9, 2011, 1:46:22 PM9/9/11
to endgame-singularity
I actually have it half-done, "already" ;)
The result will be available also as a web application in unity
player, I will post link here then
/ I have a personal deadline in two weeks for this because of other
projects, but I won't probably finish it until then.. /

Bryan Bishop

Sep 9, 2011, 7:52:36 PM9/9/11
to endgame-s...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM, r618 <mcv...@gmail.com> wrote:
The result will be available also as a web application in unity
player, I will post link here then

I also have some Unity experience, so let me know if I can help out :-)

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

r618

Sep 9, 2011, 9:34:19 PM9/9/11
to endgame-singularity
I just use its GUI and it runs suprisingly well on device despite huge
number of drawcalls :)
I use gui skin which tries to mimics E:S as much as possible, I hope I
got the feeling right
But the main hurdle was, of course, python ( and serialization ), but
I got it cranking class by class in my spare time, there are couple of
them left
I hope it will be finished soon and in good shape! :)