Windows: The program closes after setting the passphrase

Raspberry Ice

Jan 1, 2023, 5:58:07 PM1/1/23
to encry...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I try to encrypt a .txt file by putting a passphrase in it and saving it, and when I try to open it and put the passphrase in, the program closes itself

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or my operating system is not fully supported by something, No message box

 Thanks

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jan 1, 2023, 6:03:48 PM1/1/23
to encry...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A few questions:

1. What's the version of EncryptPad?
2. Version of Windows
3. File extension you use when you save?

You can also enable logging and repeat the steps. Run encryptpad.exe --help to see how to enable logging. The log file might have more details of what happens.

Cheers,
Evgeny
> --

Evgeny Pokhilko <soft...@evpo.net>

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jan 10, 2023, 6:57:00 AM1/10/23
to raspber...@gmail.com, encry...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tested the encrypting and opening a text file in a freshly installed Windows 11 and it worked as expected.

It would be nice if you could write down simple steps to reproduce the issue. For example, this is what I did:

1. Open EncryptPad
2. Enter text: one two three
3. Save as : test.txt Do not provide the passphrase and save as plain text.

4. Close EncryptPad

5. Open EncryptPad
6. Open test.txt
7. Click Set Passphrase in the toolbar and enter a passphrase
8. Save the file
9. Close EncryptPad

10. Open EncryptPad
11. Open test.txt
12. The passphrase is requested.
13. Enter the passphrase
14. Observer that the file opens and "one two three" is shown in the editor.

Cheers,
Evgeny

--
Evgeny Pokhilko <soft...@evpo.net>

Evgeny Pokhilko

Dec 6, 2023, 5:44:36 AM12/6/23
to encry...@googlegroups.com, raspber...@gmail.com
Hi,

I think you had the below problem:

https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/issues/132

It is fixed in the newly released 0.5.0.3

Cheers,
Evgeny

On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 23:01:53 +1100

--