EncryptPad, a free open source project for privacy and security, today announced the general availability of beta version 0.5.0.1, a community driven text editor facilitating symmetric encryption of text and binary files that implements the OpenPGP protocol.
The main purpose of this release is to provide the vim editing mode, add a new icon and support macOS BigSur. There are also an improvement in the build configuration, updated dependencies and bug fixes.
* FakeVim mode to enable editing files with Vim-like interface
* The lock icon has been replaced with a page and lock with the higher quality of the image.
* Botan has been updated to version 2.18.1
* The build system has been improved to support more distributions
* Bug fix: Opening search dialogue by using 'CTRL-F' doesn't focus on the find text field
I would like to thank package maintainers, community for making this release possible and the contributors below:
* José Micó - the new application icon
* Cristiano Nunes - fixing the Ctrl-F issue
* Kevin-Prichard, Bartłomiej Cieślar and Girishnair12345 for testing and recommending solutions.