EncryptPad, a free open source project for privacy and security, today
announced the general availability of beta version 0.4.0.2, a community
driven text editor facilitating symmetric encryption of text and binary
files that implements the OpenPGP protocol. This release brings several
new features, including support for large files and updated
The enhancements include:
* Support for large files. EncryptPad can now process disk images,
backups and other types of multi-gigabyte files.
* A progress bar and cancellation button in the File Encryption
dialogue for better control and visibility when working with large
* Tab size adjustment in the text editor.
* As part of internal refactoring the unit processing OpenPGP format
has moved to its own library libencryptmsg (see the link below).
* Botan has been updated to version 2.3.
* STLplus has been updated to version 3.15.
* Qt Framework has been updated to version 5.10.
I would like to thank contributors, package maintainers and community
for making this release possible.
Evgeny Pokhilko <soft...@evpo.net