Suggestion - Add Tabs?

kber...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2018, 11:27:37 AM7/24/18
to EncryptPad
I like the program a lot, but when needing a few notes open it's hard to manage. Is it possible to add tabs so can open multiple files and have it easy to switch between them?

Another idea I was having a tabbed interface for multiple notes, but under one saved files and same encrypted password. But different suggestion than above.

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jul 26, 2018, 7:16:21 AM7/26/18
to kber...@gmail.com, EncryptPad
Hello,

Regarding opening multiple tabs, similar to notepad++, I support this
initiative. However, it's not easy to implement and multi-tabbing will
change many fundamental parts of the GUI including the security model.
So I don't want to give false hopes, this feature is not on my priority
list, but something for distant future.

The second feature, saving multiple text documents in one, will
introduce another format, which will not be compatible with other GPG
tools. I would prefer one tab per document so somebody on the other end
could use Gnupg to open the resulting file or in the opposite direction.

Cheers,
> --

Evgeny Pokhilko
634B FC0C CC42 6C74 389D 8931 0F1C FF71 A281 3E85

Kenneth Bernier

Jul 26, 2018, 10:03:11 AM7/26/18
to Evgeny Pokhilko, EncryptPad
Makes sense and thanks for the reply.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 4:16 AM, Evgeny Pokhilko <soft...@evpo.net> wrote:
Hello,

Regarding opening multiple tabs, similar to notepad++, I support this
initiative. However, it's not easy to implement and multi-tabbing will
change many fundamental parts of the GUI including the security model.
So I don't want to give false hopes, this feature is not on my priority
list, but something for distant future.

The second feature, saving multiple text documents in one, will
introduce another format, which will not be compatible with other GPG
tools. I would prefer one tab per document so somebody on the other end
could use Gnupg to open the resulting file or in the opposite direction.

Cheers,