EncryptPad, a free open source project for privacy and security, today announced the general availability of beta version 0.5.0.0, a community driven text editor facilitating symmetric encryption of text and binary files that implements the OpenPGP protocol.
The main purpose of this release is to add ASCII-armor and implement remaining GnuPG algorithms. There are also an improvement in the build configuration, updated dependencies and bug fixes.
* ASCII armor
* Added cipher algorithms: CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256, TWOFISH
* Added S2K digest algorithms: SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
* Added compression algorithm: BZIP2
* Botan has been updated to version 2.13
* Translation fixes for context menu
* New Python build system ported from Botan
* Bug fix: MDC failure was not reported when opening files
* Bug fix: the special case in which the last partial packet was smaller than 5 bytes was not handled correctly
* Bug fix: --key-file-length parameter was broken in CLI
I would like to thank contributors, package maintainers and community
for making this release possible.
This release is dedicated to Kostya Bolenko. R.I.P. dear friend.