EncryptPad on screen with 4k resolution

Андрей Светличный

Jun 8, 2017, 8:14:55 PM6/8/17
to encry...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
thank you for EncryptPad!
I am trying to use this program on laptop with 4K screen resolution.
Icons are very small with a lot of space around every icon.
If possible, please correct it.

Best regards,
Andrey Svetlichny

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jun 9, 2017, 6:46:28 AM6/9/17
to encry...@googlegroups.com, Андрей Светличный
Hello Andrey,

Thanks for letting me know. Do you see this problem on Windows?

Cheers,
Evgeny
> --

Evgeny Pokhilko <soft...@evpo.net>

Андрей Светличный

Jun 9, 2017, 1:51:37 PM6/9/17
to Evgeny Pokhilko, encry...@googlegroups.com
Hello Evgeny!
Yes, windows 10.
Best regards,
Andrey

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jun 23, 2017, 5:18:33 AM6/23/17
to encry...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrey,

I tested the app on a 4K monitor. The icons are indeed very small if the scaling is set to 100%. However, when it's 125% and more in "Scale and Layout", they look reasonable. What's your scaling percentage?

--
Evgeny Pokhilko <soft...@evpo.net>

Андрей Светличный

Jun 24, 2017, 8:18:47 PM6/24/17
to Evgeny Pokhilko, encry...@googlegroups.com
Hello Evgeny,

Thank you for answer.
Scaling set to 250% (Windows recommended).
I am using laptop with 13 inch monitor, 4K resolution.
Do you speak Russian?

Best regards,
Andrey Svetlichny

Андрей Светличный

Jun 24, 2017, 9:03:26 PM6/24/17
to Evgeny Pokhilko, encry...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I have mistake,
screen size 15,6 Inch.

simon...@narrowbeam.co.uk

Dec 29, 2018, 9:28:17 PM12/29/18
to EncryptPad
I'm having the same problem on a high DPI screen.

Icons and some layouts for dialogue boxes just don't scale or look right regardless of windows recommended scaling settings (i'm running 200% on a 14" 3000x2000 screen).

Resorting to Windows 10 compatibility mode and 'system' scaling makes it all totally usable and more like normal.

Would be good not to have to resort to this workaround, but for anybody needing a fix, thought I should share this.

Great work by the way.

Simon