problem with genearting key file on linux terminal

Exmantion

May 6, 2019, 5:33:08 AM5/6/19
to EncryptPad
hi, i wanted to generate key file using linux terminal with specific key length, so i typed
encryptcli --generate-key --key-file-length 128 key_file.key
but terminal says  --key-file-length is not recognizable, even after coping it from help page. i also tried to put it everywhere in command, but nothing helped,
is it a bug or something, running EncryptPad 0.4.0.4
libencryptmsg 0.1.0.1
thanks

Evgeny Pokhilko

May 6, 2019, 8:56:57 AM5/6/19
to Exmantion, EncryptPad
Hi Exmanation,

I've checked the parameter and there is indeed a bug. There is extra "--" which shouldn't be there because its added again by the library parsing parameters:

https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/blob/master/src/cli/main.cpp#L339

You can invoke the command as below:

encryptcli --generate-key ----key-file-length 128 key_file.key

It's going to be fixed in the next release. I raised an issue below:

https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/issues/83

Thanks for reporting it.

Cheers,
Evgeny
> --

Evgeny Pokhilko

Exmantion

May 7, 2019, 7:52:18 AM5/7/19
to EncryptPad
Ok, it's working now. Thanks.

W dniu poniedziałek, 6 maja 2019 14:56:57 UTC+2 użytkownik Evgeny Pokhilko napisał:
Hi Exmanation,

I've checked the parameter and there is indeed a bug. There is extra "--" which shouldn't be there because its added again by the library parsing parameters:

https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/blob/master/src/cli/main.cpp#L339

You can invoke the command as below:

encryptcli --generate-key ----key-file-length 128 key_file.key

It's going to be fixed in the next release. I raised an issue below:

https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/issues/83

Thanks for reporting it.

Cheers,
Evgeny