ENC Phillips Group

Tom Hutchison

Oct 31, 2022, 9:56:35 PM10/31/22
to Early NC Phillips Families
Hi All -

It has been a while since anyone posted. Actually, a really long time. Perhaps if any are so inclined to share their Phillips Families of Early North Carolina, it would help to revive this group.

I must apologize to those who requested to join and for the long delay in approval. For some reason, Google isn't notifying me of pending requests. I will have to investigate the issue.

Thanks!
Tom

pjdonovan

Oct 31, 2022, 10:24:35 PM10/31/22
to Early NC Phillips Families
Glad to see you're still active Tom!

I'm still working on getting back to Early NC  - I actually think you and I are  matching within generational steps according to FTDNA.  Does your tree go through Capt Zachariah Phillips of GA?

James

Thomas Hutchison Jr

Nov 1, 2022, 9:31:20 AM11/1/22
to ENCPhillips List
Hi James

I am descended from Phillips DNA Family Group 5

1.  Thomas Phillips d 1743 Craven Co NC, m Isabelle (Lanthrop?)
2.  Thomas Phillips bc 1732 Craven Co NC, m unknown
3.  Maj. James Phillips b 14 Aug 1759 Craven Co NC, m 1) Margaret Sullivant, m 2) Phyllis Galloway/Callaway
4.  Judge Wiley Phillips b 19 Sept 1791 Lenoir Co NC, m 1) Sarah Lane, m 2) Lucinda Ann Gilstrap
5.  Judge Rufus Wiley Phillips b 15 Nov 1830 Jasper Co GA, m Anna Rebecca Pritchett
6.  James Alfred Phillips b 2 Feb 1873 Echols Co GA, m 1) Minnie Lee Ward, m 2) Ethel Victoria McCall

I'm sorry, I don’t believe I am related to your line of Phillips. Zachariah was a name predominately in the Phillips DNA Family Group 8.

Tom

teres...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2022, 1:55:49 PM11/2/22
to Early NC Phillips Families
Good day to all Phillips descendants!
My name is Teresa and I am researching my 4th Great Grandmother. Here is all that I know about her:
Tabitha Phillips born c1797 in Chatham County, North Carolina. Married in Blount County, TN on 06 Sep 1816, Samuel Thomas Roork. Died in Carroll County, Arkansas on 22 June 1860. I am looking for her parents' names and her siblings, if any. Thanks for your time!
Teresa (Pepper/Hamilton) Rust

James Phillips

Nov 2, 2022, 2:02:30 PM11/2/22
to ENCPhilli...@googlegroups.com
Teresa do you know what family group you are in?

George Phillips

Nov 2, 2022, 3:09:20 PM11/2/22
to ENCPhilli...@googlegroups.com
I’m sorry I can’t help. The farthest back I have been able to go is my great grandfather Elbert Edwin Phillips, born in 1816 somewhere in North Carolina. We are part of group 16.
George Phillips

Sent from my iPhone

Tom Hutchison

Nov 3, 2022, 4:10:44 PM11/3/22
to Early NC Phillips Families
You might want to look at Phillips DNA Family Group 25. They are the only ones I know who have Blount County, TN in their lines. Do you know her brothers' or sisters' names?

Tom

lesliewi...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 1:48:56 PM12/28/22
to Early NC Phillips Families
Tom, how can I view each group to compare DNA?

Nancy Kiser

Dec 28, 2022, 5:25:21 PM12/28/22
to ENCPhilli...@googlegroups.com