oldest Phillips

kphillips

Jun 28, 2011, 3:14:38 PM6/28/11
to Early NC Phillips Families
Hello, everyone
It's been some time since I posted anything and this does not relate
strictly to genealogy but I thought I'd ask a question just out of
curiosity. I was wondering who is the oldest person with the Phillips
surname that anyone has run across in their research or in their own
family? The reason I ask is that I have one paternal uncle remaining
and he will turn 100 in October of this year. I know there has not
been anyone in my immediate family who has ever come close to the
century mark so I wondered about others in the group. Maybe we could
have a contest or something!

Best wishes to all,
Kevin

Joshua Phillips

Jun 28, 2011, 3:21:07 PM6/28/11
to encphilli...@googlegroups.com

My Great Uncle is 80 and the oldest I know of, historically nearly all of my paternal relatives have died at the age of 70-72, that is amazing and what great stories he must have to share with you!

Tim Walls

Jun 28, 2011, 4:31:02 PM6/28/11
to encphilli...@googlegroups.com
My dad's 84 but he's got the DNA of Phillips only, not the name. My DNA is also
Phillips and we can explain why (out-of-paternity event)

Carolyn Waters

Jun 28, 2011, 10:01:31 PM6/28/11
to encphilli...@googlegroups.com

My oldest current living Phillips is a woman.  Her name is Chessie and she is my Grandfather Walter Henry Phillips’ sister and she was 94 on May 21.  Has a little dementia but has good days when she knows what’s up.  My dad is living and he is 84.  We had lots of 80’s.

Carolyn Phillips Waters

Tom Hutchison

Jun 29, 2011, 10:04:50 AM6/29/11
to encphilli...@googlegroups.com
Kevin

It looks like you might be the winner, 100 is amazing. My Grandfather’s younger 1/2 brother is still alive and will be 88 in Sept. He is the only true Phillips left. All of my Grandfather’s other brothers and sisters are gone now. His son is who took the test for my Phillips family and I am so grateful he did. There were always a lot of stories to be told, some good and some not so good. Growing up we complained my Grandfather would tell the same stories over and over. Now that I am older, I am so thankful he did. If I missed a detail, someone else in the family didn’t and it allows us to compare our versions.

Tom