can I edit a profile to have it format and mount /dev/sdb(1) as /scratch?

Gautam Thaker

Sep 5, 2021, 3:30:06 PM9/5/21
to emulab-users
2node-rt-d430  is a profile of mine. Being new to the new emulab interfaces I can't figure out how I can modify this profile to have it format and mount /sdb drive as /scratch. In the GUI  interface there was one some option to ask for this, and clearly I did not select this, but can I add it after the fact to a profile?

Gautam

Mike Hibler

Sep 6, 2021, 12:42:46 PM9/6/21
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
Under the "Docs" menu in the upper right, there is an "Example Profiles"
item. Under there is an example for allocating local disk space:

https://www.emulab.net/portal/instantiate.php?profile=local-diskspace&project=PortalProfiles

and there is also a manual section on storage in general:

http://docs.emulab.net/advanced-storage.html

However, the "blockstore" model is more abstract and doesn't allow you
fine-grained control over local disks. If you ask for a local blockstore,
you will get an LVM logical volume in a volume group composed of all available
local disks. Maybe that is fine for what you are doing. But if you want just
a single disk, you will have to do things the old fashioned way, maybe using
a startup script to manipulate the disk device.