manage_profile command not found

ajrod...@mondragon.edu

Jan 29, 2019, 8:40:50 AM1/29/19
to emulab-admins
Hi,

Trying to endup with a correct emulab installation I'm getting with the following error.

The Boss installation process stops "creating intilial oneVM profile" with the following error.

/usr/testbed/bin/manage_profile command not found..

As I check on my system this command doesn't exist, and I don't know why.

Thanks

Leigh Stoller

Jan 29, 2019, 8:59:51 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Please send me your current defs file…

Thanks
Leigh

Antton Rodriguez Ceberio

Jan 29, 2019, 9:28:37 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is my defs file.

Thanks!

Antton Rodriguez Ceberio
Data analysis and cybersecurity
Electronics and Computer Science department

Mondragon Unibertsitatea - Faculty of Engineering
Goiru, 2; 20500 Arrasate - Mondragón (Gipuzkoa)
Tel. : +(34) 627846579 / + Ext. 6248
www.mondragon.edu / Data Analysis & Cybersecurity

defs-use

Leigh Stoller

Jan 29, 2019, 9:34:06 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
at 6:28 AM, Antton Rodriguez Ceberio <ajrod...@mondragon.edu> wrote:

> This is my defs file.

Here is the message I sent you on Jan 9th. I think
you are missing a few things in your defs file. You
will need to restart.

Leigh

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Leigh Stoller <lbst...@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [emulab-admins] Error creating a new profile via web
>> Date: January 9, 2019 at 6:15:14 AM PST
>> To: emulab...@googlegroups.com, ajrod...@mondragon.edu
>>
>>> It is probably best to send me your defs file and I will return it with
>>> the correct settings. :-)
>>
>> Hi. Thanks for sending me your defs file. Here is what you need to add
>> to the end of your defs file:
>>
>> PROTOGENI_SUPPORT=1
>> PROTOGENI_GENIRACK=0
>> PROTOGENI_DOMAIN="danz"
>> ISOLATEADMINS=0
>> PORTAL_ENABLE=1
>> PROTOGENI_LOCALUSER=1
>> PROTOGENI_ISCLEARINGHOUSE=1
>> PROTOGENI_WEBSITE=$BOSSNODE

Antton Rodriguez Ceberio

Jan 29, 2019, 10:37:12 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
I changed and start again.

Now:

##### Installation failed in phase postcrl:

 Unable to execute: '/usr/testbed/sbin/protogeni/postcrl -f'

 -------------------- Phase Stack ----------------------------

 postcrl    Posting initial CRL

 ------------------------------------------ Last Command Output

 Command: /usr/testbed/sbin/protogeni/postcrl -f

 Using configuration from /usr/testbed/lib/ssl/ca.cnf

  GeniRegistry::ClearingHouse->GetCredential: code:35 (Server timed out or could not be reached), value:2, output:Cannot connect to server

  Could not create clearinghouse credential

  *** postcrl:

      Could not create a clearinghouse client

 Please send the above output to testb...@emulab.net

Please send the above output to testb...@emulab.net

Could you tell me to which is the server is trying to connect? I hope it could be to PROTOGENI_WEBSITE=$BOSSNODE

Thanks!!

Leigh Stoller

Jan 29, 2019, 10:42:16 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
> Could you tell me to which is the server is trying to connect? I hope it could be to PROTOGENI_WEBSITE=$BOSSNODE

Unfortunately, you need to go back to square one, fresh
install.

Leigh

Antton Rodriguez Ceberio

Jan 29, 2019, 10:43:34 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
Ok!

I'm gonna start again with the ops installation and try to end up properly this time ;)

Thanks!!

Antton Rodriguez Ceberio

Jan 29, 2019, 11:25:54 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leigh,

This is soo embarrassing for me but I'm having problems again.

I start again with the ops installation, then I restart the boss installation process and his configuration. It ends up with the following message.

Building and Installing Software

| Building (please be patient)                    [ Succeeded ] (17:17:00)

| Installing (please be patient)                  [ Failed    ]

+-----------------------------------------------> [ Failed    ]

##### Installation failed in phase Software:

Unable to execute: 'cd ./..; /usr/local/bin/gmake boss-install'

-------------------- Phase Stack ----------------------------

installing Installing (please be patient)

Software   Building and Installing Software

------------------------------------------ Last Command Output

Command: cd ./..; /usr/local/bin/gmake boss-install

Checking to see if updates need to be run

 Testbed version info:

 buildinfo:           01/29/2019

 commithash:          579c6d0f08f8f85b63bc2b2013e294a6f57950e5

 dbrev:               4.656

 install:             5.52

 needreboot:          0

 OS Version:          FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE

 Perl Version:        5.026002

 Checking for DB updates ...

 Need DB update 4/657

 Checking for install updates ...

 Checking for ProtoGENI DB updates ...

 *** You have update scripts that have not been run.

     As a safety measure, you will not be able to install until

     this is resolved. Typically, you can resolve this by:

         boss> cd /your/object/dir

         boss> gmake update-testbed

     More information is available at:

        https://users.emulab.net/trac/emulab/wiki/install/update-testbed-v2

 gmake: *** [GNUmakefile:370: install-updatecheck] Error 1

And when It says  boss> cd /your/object/dir  what is that folder? is it talking about /usr/testbed/obj/testbed ?

Thanks!

Leigh Stoller

Jan 29, 2019, 11:35:29 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
at 8:25 AM, Antton Rodriguez Ceberio <ajrod...@mondragon.edu> wrote:

> This is soo embarrassing for me but I'm having problems again.
>
> I start again with the ops installation, then I restart the boss installation process and his configuration. It ends up with the following message.

Sorry, I was not clear; you need to go all the way
back to installing a fresh FreeBSD on boss and ops.

Leigh

Antton Rodriguez Ceberio

Jan 29, 2019, 11:38:55 AM1/29/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
👍

I'm gonna start again then... sorry if I'm bothering you it was never my intention :(