Creating vnodes failed

eric

Jan 16, 2019, 4:09:25 AM1/16/19
to emulab-admins
When I created the virtual node, I could not find osid. Below is my ns file script and log.The default FRISBEE-MFS-pcvm path for diskloadmfs_osid in pcvm type is /tftpboot/frisbee-pcvm, but there is no frisbee-pcvm under the /tftpboot folder. Is this the reason for creating a virtual node failure? How to solve it?
Thank you.

set ns [new Simulator]
source tb_compat.tcl

# Nodes
set node0 [$ns node]

tb-set-node-os $node0 UBUNTU14-64-STD

tb-set-hardware $node0 pcvm

tb-set-node-failure-action $node0 "nonfatal"

tb-set-node-memory-size $node0 2048

$ns rtproto Static
$ns run

log:
Running 'tbprerun  -e 31 xen.ns'
Beginning pre run for testbed/xen. 07:51:19:437908
Running parser ... 07:51:19:612008
Parser done! 07:51:22:640210
Precomputing visualization ...
Image rendering proceeding in background mode ...
Setting up static routes (if requested) ...
*** WARNING: staticroutes: No links or lans in experiment testbed/xen!
Generating topomap ...
Doing a pre-assign: '/usr/testbed/bin/vtopgen -p testbed xen' ...
Checking for feature LibVtopTest.
Minimum nodes   = 0
Maximum nodes   = 0
Virtual nodes     = 1
Writing environment strings ...
Setting up additional program agent support ...
Setting up additional network agent support ...
Writing program agent info ...
Pre run finished. 07:51:24:457653
Running 'tbswap in  testbed xen'
Beginning swap-in for testbed/xen (31). 01/16/2019 07:51:24
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:24:867630 tbswap in started
Checking for feature SyncVlans.
Checking with Admission Control ...
Checking for feature ExternalNodeManagement.
Allocating public addresses...
Mapping to physical reality ...
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:25:237024 mapper wrapper started
Checking for feature OldMapper.
Checking for feature NewAssign.
Checking for feature ControlNetVlans.
Checking for feature LibVtopTest.
Starting the new and improved mapper wrapper.
Minimum nodes   = 0
Maximum nodes   = 0
Virtual nodes     = 1
Clearing physical state before updating.
Mapper loop 1
ptopargs: '-p testbed -e xen -v '
assign command: 'assign -uod -c .75 -H 3 -P -f text testbed-xen-4265.ptop testbed-xen-4265.vtop'
Reading assign results.
*** WARNING: mapper:
***   Use of uninitialized value $osid in concatenation (.) or string at
***   sub Node::CreateVnodes line 141, <DATA> line 3898.
*** CreateVnodes: No such OSID ''
*** ERROR: mapper: Could not allocate vnodes on pc10
*** ERROR: mapper: Could not allocate virtual nodes
Moving [Node: pc10] to [Experiment: emulab-ops/reloadpending]
*** ERROR: mapper: Unretriable error. Giving up.
*** ERROR: mapper: 1 warnings.
*** ERROR: tbswap: Failed (65) to map to reality.
Cleaning up after errors.
Stopping the event system
Checking for feature NewEventScheduler.
Closing TCP proxy ports...
Releasing public address pools...
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:30:693538 snmpit started
Removing VLANs.
snmpit: testbed/xen has no VLANs, skipping
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:31:381708 snmpit finished
Removing dynamic blobs.
Clearing shared port vlans.
Tearing down virtual nodes.
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:31:387951 vnode_setup -k started
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:31:641686 vnode_setup finished
Removing logical wires.
Freeing nodes.
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:31:644393 nfree started
Releasing all nodes from experiment [Experiment: testbed/xen].
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:31:977272 nfree finished
Resetting DB.
Failingly finished swap-in for testbed/xen. 07:51:31:984313
TIMESTAMP: 07:51:31:984868 tbswap in finished (failed)
*** ERROR: batchexp: tbswap in failed!
Cleaning up and exiting with status 1 ...
Running 'tbend -f -e 31'
Beginning cleanup for testbed/xen. 07:51:32:197207
Clearing out virtual state.
Removing visualization data...
Cleanup finished! 07:51:32:395710
**** Experimental information, please ignore ****
Session ID = 1868
Likely Cause of the Problem:
  *** CreateVnodes: No such OSID ''

  Could not allocate vnodes on pc10

  Could not allocate virtual nodes

  Unretriable error. Giving up.

  1 warnings.
Cause: unknown
Confidence: 0.5
Script: mapper
**** End experimental information ****
Removing experiment directories ...

Leigh Stoller

Jan 16, 2019, 9:58:02 AM1/16/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com

> When I created the virtual node, I could not find osid. Below is my ns file script and log.The default FRISBEE-MFS-pcvm path for diskloadmfs_osid in pcvm type is /tftpboot/frisbee-pcvm, but there is no frisbee-pcvm under the /tftpboot folder. Is this the reason for creating a virtual node failure? How to solve it?

This is correct for FRISBEE-MFS-PCVM ...

So, log into your web interface and click on the green dot (to
go red dot, which is administrator mode). Then change the URL
so that you go to this page:

/shownodetype.php3?node_type=pcvm

Take a screen shot and send it to us. Also, please run this command and
send the output:

boss> testbed-version

Leigh

Message has been deleted

eric

Jan 16, 2019, 9:52:38 PM1/16/19
to emulab-admins
Thank you for your reply, this is my pcvm and testbed version information.

 pcvm.JPG

testbed-version.jpg

Leigh Stoller

Jan 18, 2019, 8:22:36 AM1/18/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com

> Thank you for your reply, this is my pcvm and testbed version information.

Hi. Click on Edit, and change the image to UBUNTU16-64-STD ...

Leigh

eric

Jan 20, 2019, 9:16:21 PM1/20/19
to emulab-admins
Hello, I modified the image to ubuntu14-64-STD, but the error still occurs when creating the virtual node. The path to my FRISBEE-MFS-PCVM is /tftpboot/frisbee-pcvm, but there is no frisbee-pcvm in my /tftpboot. Can you send me a copy of frisbee-pcvm?

Leigh Stoller

Jan 22, 2019, 8:19:33 AM1/22/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com

> Hello, I modified the image to ubuntu14-64-STD, but the error still occurs when creating the virtual node. The path to my FRISBEE-MFS-PCVM is /tftpboot/frisbee-pcvm, but there is no frisbee-pcvm in my /tftpboot. Can you send me a copy of frisbee-pcvm?

Hi, your FRISBEE-MFS-PCVM is exactly as it should be, this is a
"pseudo" descriptor. Lets see the new log file, and another screen
shot of the pcvm node type.

Leigh

eric

Jan 23, 2019, 2:43:56 AM1/23/19
to emulab-admins
Lets see the new log file, and another screen
shot of the pcvm node type.

Leigh

 The error log has not changed. Possible problems are:
1, CreateVnodes: No such OSID
2, ERROR: mapper: Could not allocate vnodes on pc10
Is there a specific solution?
 Here is the changed pcvm node type.

20190123153910703.jpg

Leigh Stoller

Jan 23, 2019, 8:17:56 AM1/23/19
to emulab...@googlegroups.com

 The error log has not changed. Possible problems are:
1, CreateVnodes: No such OSID

Ah, I see the problem … Need to add another field to the pcvm node type.
So, click on the Experimentation menu, then List Images, and click on the
entry for UBUNTU16-64-STD. Notice the Internal ID.

Then back on the edit page for the pcvm type descriptor, you want to
add a new field "default_osid", with its value the internal ID from above,
and "integer" for the type.

Lets see how that goes.

Leigh

eric

Jan 25, 2019, 1:36:19 AM1/25/19
to emulab-admins
This is the key to the problem, and I have solved the problem, thank you Leigh for your help.