Bug in Speccy 5.9 for Windows

Roolandoo

Mar 28, 2023, 9:20:29 AM3/28/23
to EMUL8
Hi, I am a ZX Spectrum homebrew developer and I use the Speccy emulator very often for programming and testing because it is very fast.

I have detected that in version 5.9 there is a bug that prevents loading many .TAP files directly by double clicking on the file or by command line. It returns different types of errors, but all of them are fixed by doing a "Hardware Reset" and then running "Tape Loader".

I have tried this on different computers and with different versions of Windows and it always happens with many .TAP files but not with all of them. With previous versions of Speccy this did not happen.

Would it be possible to fix this problem?
Thank you so much.

fms

May 15, 2023, 10:41:28 AM5/15/23
to EMUL8
On Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-4 roolan...@gmail.com wrote:

I have detected that in version 5.9 there is a bug that prevents loading many .TAP files directly by double clicking on the file or by command line. It returns different types of errors, but all of them are fixed by doing a "Hardware Reset" and then running "Tape Loader".

You may have to set the correct Spectrum model before trying to load a .TAP file, since .TAP files do not specify Specturm model inside. Also, try disabling "Fast Tape Loader" option.