Is VGBAnext broken in Android 12 for anyone else?

Cyan YT

Dec 2, 2021, 12:59:42 PM12/2/21
to EMUL8
Im using the latest version of VGBAnext, version 6.5, which I updated to immediately after my Pixel 4 updated to Android 12. The settings for the virtual joystick are all as they should be, arranged like a Gameboy. However, these do not function. Instead, some weird wireframe overlay of all the buttons (wire frame, like a semi-pixel wide and translucent) are crammed into the bottom left. "A" is on top, I can see, and that's all that is usable. I think select is in the top right corner...? I tried resetting settings, but it didn't work. It also seems to be a coin toss when it wants to read my files, when it can us my downloads folder, or when it can read the cheats file.

Just an inconvenient anomaly, can't play anything. Am sad.

Curious if anybody else is experiencing difficulties.

fms

Dec 2, 2021, 1:02:58 PM12/2/21
to EMUL8
On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:59:42 PM UTC-5 rinnem...@gmail.com wrote:
Im using the latest version of VGBAnext, version 6.5, which I updated to immediately after my Pixel 4 updated to Android 12. The settings for the virtual joystick are all as they should be, arranged like a Gameboy. However, these do not function. Instead, some weird wireframe overlay of all the buttons (wire frame, like a semi-pixel wide and translucent) are crammed into the bottom left. "A" is on top, I can see, and that's all that is usable. I think select is in the top right corner...? I tried resetting settings, but it didn't work. It also seems to be a coin toss when it wants to read my files, when it can us my downloads folder, or when it can read the cheats file.

This problem has been reported by three more people so far. It appears to be specific to Android12 devices, especially Pixels (2/3). I am currently trying to figure out what is going on and fix it.

fms

Dec 6, 2021, 11:24:14 PM12/6/21
to EMUL8
VGBAnext 6.6, released this weekend, attempts to fix this problem. Please, give it a try.