[Android] VGBAnext 6.6.2 Released

fms

Feb 14, 2022, 11:02:13 AMFeb 14
to EMUL8
Hello, All!

I have published VGBAnext 6.6.2, a new version of my universal GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Classic, NES, and Famicom emulator for Android:

This release corrects gamepad button assignments to keyboard keys, fixes several possible crashes and a .ZIP file vulnerability reported by Google.

As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning VGBAnext from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file and clicking on it in the File Selector:

ALL CHANGES:
* Final fix to gamepad button assignments to keyboard keys.
* Fixed vulnerability when unzipping files, as reported by Google.
* Fixed possible crash when unpausing app during exit sequence.
* Fixed possible crash in the State Exchange.
* Now showing folder name in the title instead of complete path.
* Now disabling keyboard options if there is no keyboard.
* Lowest supported Android version is Android 4.4 (SDK-19) now.

Have fun!

Lee Griffiths

Apr 21, 2022, 8:25:07 PMApr 21
to EMUL8
Thanks for this release and all your work, I don't know if this is the place to ask something like this, so please redirect me if not.

I've just bought VGBA and been enjoying it, with one caveat. The "Scale to fit screen" option doesn't appear to work correctly, i.e. it behaves exactly as the "No scaling" option with black bars to the left and across the bottom of the screen. 4:3 and stretch both use the full height and width of the screen respectively, but at the wrong aspect ratios. I've followed the advice on the FAQ, but hardware acceleration has no effect be it on or off. Is this something I can fix or that others have reported? This is a Pixel 6 Pro running March 2022 version of Android 12.

Many thanks

fms

Apr 21, 2022, 8:26:54 PMApr 21
to EMUL8
"Scale to Fit Screen" option scales the emulated screen as much as your phone screen allows. Since it is not allowed to change the emulated screen proportions, you may still see black bars at the sides of your emulated screen.

Lee Griffiths

Apr 29, 2022, 12:51:52 AMApr 29
to EMUL8
This went to junk for some reason. I understand that it maintains the aspect ratio, but like I said the black bar is at the bottom as well, so it's on three sides.

I installed another GBA emulator and it could scale to fill the vertical space, with only black bars on the left and right as desired.

Am curious as to why VGBAnext is behaving this way on my phone.

fms

Apr 29, 2022, 12:53:17 AMApr 29
to EMUL8
On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 12:51:52 AM UTC-4 leewgr...@gmail.com wrote:
I understand that it maintains the aspect ratio, but like I said the black bar is at the bottom as well, so it's on three sides.
Enable "Settings | Video | Accelerated Video" and that should take about the black bar at the bottom, unless something else
is wrong.