[Android] MasterGear 4.7.2 Released

fms

Jan 3, 2021, 9:37:35 PM1/3/21
to EMUL8
Hello, All!

I've released MasterGear 4.7.2 for Android, a new version of my Sega MasterSystem, GameGear, and SG-1000 emulator:

https://fms.komkon.org/EmuAndroid/ -- homepage

For this release, I have fixed a bunch of bugs introduced by the refactoring. The app should once again run on Android 4.2+ devices and handle file names with parentheses and spaces. Several possible crash sources have also been fixed.

As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning MasterGear from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:
ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed several crash sources that popped up after refactoring.
* Fixed compatibility with Android 4.2/4.3.
* Fixed handling of spaces and parentheses in "content://" URIs.
* Fixed list of volumes in "Change Folder" dialog.
* Fixed "Change Folder" functionality.
* Fixed leaked dialog window on app exit.
* Added rounded corners to legacy icons.

In somewhat related news, VGBAnext, my universal GBA, GBC, and NES emulator, is on $2.99 sale at Google Play for the next couple of days:

Enjoy!