Speccy 5.9 for Windows and Linux

fms

Mar 16, 2021, 9:04:05 PM3/16/21
to EMUL8
Hello, All!

The free Speccy 5.9 for Windows and Linux is now available for download:

This release fixes automatic tape startup, loading Pentagon .Z80 snapshots, pasting text into ZX128 BASIC, sound issues in Windows, and a few other issues. I am no longer loading joystick configuration from .SZX snapshots to avoid messing up user-supplied input settings. See below for all the changes.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed some .Z80 snapshots not loading when IF1.ROM is missing.
* Fixed loading Pentagon .Z80 snapshots.
* Fixed tape startup when auto-loading tapes.
* Fixed pasting code into BASIC by pausing after each ENTER.
* Fixed audio randomly not working on Speccy-Windows startup.
* Forcing Scorpion Kempston bit6 to 0 (Donkey Kong Jr works).
* No longer reading joystick configuration from .SZX files.

If you like Speccy and want to see it being maintained, please, consider buying the complete Android version. Speccy Deluxe is on $2.99 sale at Google Play this week:

Have fun!

empardopo

Jun 2, 2021, 10:02:41 AM6/2/21
to EMUL8
Hi, first very thanks for this emulator!

I am testing tap games and they run very fast!! Is there any problem with tap format?

Thanks in advance.

I have:
Speccy 5.9
Windows 10 64 bits

fms

Jun 2, 2021, 10:05:27 AM6/2/21
to EMUL8
On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 10:02:41 AM UTC-4 empa...@gmail.com wrote:

I am testing tap games and they run very fast!! Is there any problem with tap format?

With "Fast Tape Loader" option enabled, Speccy will try loading tape images as fast as it can. If you are referring to gameplay speed, enabling "PAL Video" option should sync emulation to realistic 50fps. To see your current framerate, enable "Show Framerate" option.

empardopo

Jun 2, 2021, 11:09:19 AM6/2/21
to EMUL8
Please, where/how I can enable "PAL VIDEO"?? I am using this command line:
Speccy.exe -48 -fps -fasttap Bonnie_and_Clyde.tap

I want to use the command line to run my games!

Thanks in advance

fms

Jun 2, 2021, 11:10:22 AM6/2/21
to EMUL8
On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 11:09:19 AM UTC-4 empa...@gmail.com wrote:
Please, where/how I can enable "PAL VIDEO"?? I am using this command line:
Speccy.exe -48 -fps -fasttap Bonnie_and_Clyde.tap

I want to use the command line to run my games!

Run it once without parameters, make sure "PAL Video" is enabled, quit. Then run it using command line.

empardopo

Jun 4, 2021, 9:29:19 AM6/4/21
to EMUL8
Now it's going a little slower but it's still going fast...

I've upload a video running Manic Miner in Fuse (left) and Speccy 5.9 (right) where you can see that I say (sorry for my bad english)

mike trader

Nov 3, 2023, 11:35:08 AM11/3/23
to EMUL8
Hello good. Congratulations on your emulators and the work done that you share for free. I would like to highlight a problem that the SPECCY  emulator has, and that is that it runs faster than normal. In timed games it is a problem, since time runs very quickly making it impossible to finish them. Is there a way to make the emulator run at normal speed?

fms

Nov 3, 2023, 12:48:00 PM11/3/23
to EMUL8
Enable "Video | PAL Video".