[Android] ColEm 5.6.3 Published

fms

Jan 2, 2022, 9:53:11 PMJan 2
to EMUL8
Hello, All!

I've published ColEm 5.6.3 for Android, a new release of my ColecoVision and Coleco Adam emulator:

This release targets Android 11 (SDK-30 API) and fixes a bunch of issues, including virtual gamepad on Android 12 devices and assigning gamepad buttons to keypad keys. Several possible crashes and a security issue when unpacking .ZIP files have also been fixed, among other things.

Please, note that the method to get cheats back has changed in this version. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file and CLICKING ON IT in the File Selector:

ALL CHANGES:
* Hopefully fixed virtual gamepad issues on Android 12.
* Fixed gamepad button assignments to keyboard keys.
* Fixed vulnerability when unzipping files, as reported by Google.
* Fixed state files not getting deleted when requested.
* Fixed possible crash when unpausing app during exit sequence.
* Fixed possible crash in the State Exchange.
* Fixed virtual gamepad shape reloading multiple times.
* Refactored virtual gamepad layout mechanism.
* Lowest supported Android version is Android 4.4 (SDK-19) now.
* Now targeting Android 11 (SDK-30).

Have fun!